Track day

5 hours ago, mountainslide said:

Andre,

How did your shifter and rear brake fair? With aggressive street riding I've bottomed both enough to concern me.

IMG_5778.JPG

IMG_6836.HEIC

IMG_6836.jpg

I’m not sure of understanding what you mean, anyway

i was said not to use the rear brake on track, tried to but not succeeded, rear ABS kicked in few times.

the pegs were without the .... spacers??? ( 2nd pic, don’t know how do  you call them)

The gears are maybe to long for such a short track

but it was my first time, just want to have fun and to come home with my bike

I’m not an aggressive street rider kind 

• Member Contributer
15 minutes ago, andrearonin said:

I’m not sure of understanding what you mean, anyway

i was said not to use the rear brake on track, tried to but not succeeded, rear ABS kicked in few times.

the pegs were without the .... spacers??? ( 2nd pic, don’t know how do  you call them)

The gears are maybe to long for such a short track

but it was my first time, just want to have fun and to come home with my bike

I’m not an aggressive street rider kind 

The track is the perfect place to take your everyday bike, it allows you to learn more about you, your bike and just about every aspect of riding in a much safer environment than on public roads. After I low sided coming off a freeway off ramp, my 5 Gen was totaled. I bought it back from the insurance company and have since been using it at the track, as it hasn’t been re-registered under a salvage title. Being able to flog the bike around the track gives me more confidence when I ride my 6 Gen on the streets, even if I don’t ride it very aggressively...well most of the time.😉

Andre & mountainslide you guys truly impressed me!

Adnre, how did the Pirelli's Rosso II's hold up on the track. I just mounted mine and hope I can one day find a group of mares to head to the track.

mountainslide: You sir, must have been kissing the asphalt on your day! I see you have the centre stand. I've heard that can be dangerous at the track. Any issues? I know I could not possible lean as low as you so perhaps I don't need to worry about removing it...

• Member Contributer

Agreed, a bit of track time gives you more confidence on the road.  Glad you enjoyed your day.  Its good fun with all the safety and none of the worry of what is coming round the next bend. Well done. 😀😀

Mountain slide you maybe need to adjust your body position,  hard to say as we don't know what kind of roads you are riding. But peg down and more is usually low speed tight radius corners.

1 hour ago, Ohlias said:

Adnre, how did the Pirelli's Rosso II's hold up on the track. I just mounted mine and hope I can one day find a group of mares to head to the track.

mountainslide: You sir, must have been kissing the asphalt on your day! I see you have the centre stand. I've heard that can be dangerous at the track. Any issues? I know I could not possible lean as low as you so perhaps I don't need to worry about removing it...

Pirelli Rosso III , to be precise... perfect for me but I have no benchmark.
I did two session of 20 min in two days
I was lapping in 1:40 more or less, the experienced ones were around 15-20 sec faster

10 hours ago, Ohlias said:

Ohlias, Thank you. It actually was on the "street" and not a track, a stretch of windy road I am very comfortable on. I have not had any issues with the center stand. However both the shifter and rear brake are bottoming out. Shifter being the large concern as we wouldn't want a sudden shift at that lean angle. 

10 hours ago, fink said:

Mountain slide you maybe need to adjust your body position,  hard to say as we don't know what kind of roads you are riding. But peg down and more is usually low speed tight radius corners.

Fink,

I would call them smooth medium speed corners at 50 to 60 MPH. It is a mostly 2nd and 3rd gear road with turn after turn, an icredible stretch of road up near Yosemite.

Body position can be seen here in an old post of mine, I do hang off more when at higher speeds but am comfortable at these angles on a good road I know with Q3+ tires front and rear.

Cheers,

Brent

Maybe you should raise the rear a tad to avoid that touching down the shifter etc.

Archived