Isle of Man on this week

• Member Contributer

Keep an eye out or set DVR for Isle of Man on Velocity this week.  Just watched the Superbike race - more on tomorrow (8:00 pm on Comcast on the West Coast, U.S.)  

• Member Contributer

Is it just me or is the coverage cut rate vs years past. Camera vantage points are limited, picture quality is poor, commentators not as good, only one hour of coverage and 30min, twice as many commercials. 

I wonder if we there is european coverage we could get?

Bein sports does a good job covering motoGP WSB & MotoAmer, wish they were covering TT. Always my favorite week of the year watching the races every day......

• Member Contributer

It's on ITV4 here in the UK.  Coverage seems decent to me, but I don't pay as much attention to the roads as I do to the closed courses.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

The super-sport coverage seemed to be better, maybe Velocity got a late start this week, still miss the old commentators. Then again miss motoGP Nick Harris, so maybe oversensitive to more change

• Member Contributer

Agreed about the commentators - just not up to the same level as last year.  Theme music isn't as good either.  I guess I'm just glad it's shown - for me it's the World Cup, Super Bowl, British Open / Masters, etc rolled in to one.  I've got to see it in person someday.  

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, JZH said:

It's on ITV4 here in the UK.  Coverage seems decent to me, but I don't pay as much attention to the roads as I do to the closed courses.

Ciao,

Exactly the opposite for me.  I can't get that interested in MotoGP despite the variety of courses, shoulder dragging and big name battles.  I'm on the edge of my seat watching the TT though as they go 135+ mph on roads (new lap record this year, I've read), inches from buildings, fences, spectators and suck the squirrels out of people's hedges.

1 hour ago, Cogswell said:

Agreed about the commentators - just not up to the same level as last year.  Theme music isn't as good either.  I guess I'm just glad it's shown - for me it's the World Cup, Super Bowl, British Open / Masters, etc rolled in to one.  I've got to see it in person someday.  

This is on my bucket list too.

• Member Contributer
On 6/5/2018 at 9:19 PM, Belfry said:

This is on my bucket list too.

+1, and my bucket list is getting longer and longer.................

• Member Contributer

Just finished watching the lightweight class.   Interesting how the riding style / strategy changes with less power available.  Too bad there was so much attrition.  Amazing how many lap records are being set this year across all the classes - can't wait for the Senior. 

• Member Contributer

I heard there were two fatalities this year.  I like going fast but judiciously.  I guess I do understand it.  Not many people like going very fast.  

• Member Contributer

Having ridden on the Island, even the mountain section on Mad Sunday, I can truly say this is a bucket list item for any motorcyclist.

F*ck Daytona Beach Speedweek in comparison.... :tongue:

Archived