Have You Seen This Man?

JZH

• Member Contributer

Man? Plug?

20180424_221352x.thumb.jpg.80331662c09c4c1062c09843f5b05607.jpg

20180424_221333x.thumb.jpg.cbb2bd447e458c784562a3002cbebeb5.jpg

It's the Power Commander CAN BUS connector as used on the PCV and its associated accessories, e.g., the Autotune and LCD display.  (This particular example is a termination plug, but I'm looking for another one in order to make a replacement cable.)

I could find no markings whatsoever on the plastic housing, so I don't know the manufacturer, much less the model.  Anyone know?

Muchos gracias,

Use 4 pin/wire female dupont cable of the computer. This CAN termination plug has a 180-220 Ohms resistor running accross the first and the last pin. if you wish to make your own plug , use the 4 pin dupont and remove the middle 2 wires from the socket and solder and 180-220 ohms resistor accross the first and last pin.

If you just want a link cable use the 4 wire female - female dupont , its direct snug fit. Using the same on my 07 1000RR

Capture.JPG

• Member Contributer

Thanks, Yogi.  I'm still going to try to find the same locking connector that DynoJet used, but if I can't find it I will use the computer connector. 

Cheers,

• Member Contributer
12 hours ago, rhoderage said:

Had to order a can bus terminator, fuelmoto.com was the supplier and may be able to answer your q

Thanks; I will check with them.  One alternative would be to order a cable from DynoJet, but it is very expensive.

Cheers,

3 hours ago, JZH said:

Thanks, Yogi.  I'm still going to try to find the same locking connector that DynoJet used, but if I can't find it I will use the computer connector. 

Cheers,

Most welcome John, i tried a lot to find this connector online as well as with Chinese manufacturers of sockets. but could not find it. Probably made to order for Dynojet by manufacturer.

it is very difficult to find these things India as well and the prices are like you can buy 100 pcs computer 4 wire thingy for the price of 1 link cable at the dynojet.

The picture is a little dark so I can't tell for sure but it looks like that connector is available from Dynojet for $5?

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/products/replacementparts/powercommander_replacement_parts.aspx

PCV ACC,CAN TERMINATION PLUG
SKU#: 76423025
Product Price: $5.00

• Member Contributer

Yes, that is the same termination plug that I have.  They also sell a male-male cable for $14, which is not outrageously expensive, but getting it here would double the cost.  I have ways, but none are quick.  

I can almost guarantee that DynoJet did not specifically commission someone to make bespoke CAN connectors for them.  Not even OEMs the size of Honda and GM do that.  There's simply no reason, as connectors of every shape and size are readily available through the right distributors.  They are just difficult to find if you don't know the manufacturer.  Push comes to shove I'll just use the PC connector.  I was hoping someone would recognise it from another application, perhaps; otherwise, there are the catalogues...  Mouser, Digi-Key, Allied, Farnell, RS, here I come!

Ciao,

Ok, I think I'm dense.  Is the one in your picture the one you're looking to buy (which is the same as the one in the Dynojet spare parts link?)?  If so, are you saying that it's much more expensive to ship to the UK and you're looking for a cheaper alternative?  I could buy it and send it to you?

• Member Contributer

Thanks, I appreciate the offer.  I'm actually trying to make a cable so I can test the PCV from my US Y2k (garaged in Redondo Beach, btw) on my UK VFR800Fi1.  Last time I was "home" grabbed the PCV and the LCD, but I forgot to take the cable.  The LCD is not strictly necessary, but it could help me diagnose the problem (which it seems several people are also having with using a PCV on the '00-'01 5th gen). 

The DynoJet terminator that I have is the correct housing, but it doesn't have the terminals, which I would still need to buy in order to make a cable.  If I can find the manufacturer I can buy the terminals fairly easily and make a cable, but strictly for testing purposes I can always do what Yogi has suggested--I've got those connectors already!  

Ciao,

Archived