Nolan N100-5 Helmet report.

FJ12Ryder

• Member Contributer

This is basically, okay a word-for-word post that I put on the "other" forum just a bit ago. A semi-complete report on my new Nolan N100-5 helmet.

I forgot to put this on the other forum, but this thing is gorgeous, a cherry red/black fade. Lot of metal flake, and looks wonderful. I actually may

consider using a helmet lock now, or taking my helmet with me when I leave the bike.

Okay, got my Nolan N100-5 from the UPS guy today. Looks really good, fits very well, and I got all the stickers scraped
off, hate 'em, hate 'em, hate 'em. I weighed it and my old Nolan N104. The 104 weighs 4.44 lbs. and the 100-5 weighs
3.81 lbs. So about a half-pound difference. I haven't had it out for a ride yet, but the ventilation looks like it will work
a whole lot better.

Finish is top drawer and fit is excellent. Won't know if there are any hot spots until I can get it out on the bike. But
overall I'm very satisfied.

I looked at the Schuberth of which I've had 2, the Shoei's of which I've had 2, and the Nolan which I'm using at the
present. I just couldn't convince myself that the Schuberth and Shoei were worth almost twice what the Nolan cost.
Especially considering I was not that happy with the C-3 Schuberth I had before the Nolan. The Schuberth and Shoei
are around $600 while the Nolan was $330 delivered to my door.

I'll put on my flip-flops, baggy shorts, and wife-beater T-shirt and go for a ride later today, and be back with a ride report.

Archived