Ignition sistem

Or  buy an american ecu and harness and key.No HISS.

Edit- does US get the HISS system?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
31 minutes ago, keef said:

Or  buy an american ecu and harness and key.No HISS.

Edit- does US get the HISS system?

That's a good idea, guess you'd have to be absolutely sure all the pin outs are the same, seems like both ECU types run the same Black and Gray 33p plugs.

Streetfighter guys and track day guys have done it before.

US models dont generally get immobilsers. 

A cheap track bike becomes effing expensive with a new ECU and keys, but a US ecu doesnt register the immobiliser, so ebaying a US ecu os cheaper.

For the non Aussies, we cant (mostly) re register written off vehicles, even if its only written off as its too expensive to fix. Scratch on frame? Write off, and now a track only bike. So companies like pickles sell them on behalf of the insurance companies.

If I can start the bike without keys, (connecting two wires +/- which came out from Ignition switch)

that means that I can simply buy another cheap locking system (20-30€ aftermarket) and just change whole system with my new "Chinese" system and my new Ignition switch will making a "hot wire", (+/- connected), and Bike will start on. 

True? 

• Member Contributer
28 minutes ago, Petar said:

If I can start the bike without keys, (connecting two wires +/- which came out from Ignition switch)

that means that I can simply buy another cheap locking system (20-30€ aftermarket) and just change whole system with my new "Chinese" system and my new Ignition switch will making a "hot wire", (+/- connected), and Bike will start on. 

True? 

Not True! You can not start the bike by just shorting the ignition wires, that's why Honda has the HISS system. Your ECU will not work unless it sees a matched transponder key at ignition on.

Thank you, again and again 

😂.... 

So your solution will be cheapest and the besten solution. 

I'll send my ECU in Poland 🇵🇱, I'll pay 230€ cca, and done! 

My ECU stay, everything stay the same and I have two OEM keys. 

I won't judge you for buying a stolen, stripped bike without knowing enough to know what you're in for to get it running.  That's sort of understandable.  

However.

You are showing absolutely terrible judgement, posting your personal information (including phone number, email address, and passport number) all over the internet.  Not smart at all!

• Member Contributer

This whole thread is a wild ride. 

I’m going with stolen and found by police, turned into aninsurance write off. 

Or repossessed. I can see damaging the ignition and tossing the keys to prevent it being rebuilt and put back on the road. 

I cant see wanting to buy one though. 

• Member Contributer

I'm going with "masterful troll."

Probably not, but it's fun watching folks interpret this utterly beautiful Rorschach test.

You guys know the joke, right..?

A man goes to a psychiatrist. To start things off, the psychiatrist suggests they start with a Rorschach Test. He holds up the first picture and asks the man what he sees.

"A man and a woman making love in a park," the man replies.

The psychiatrist holds up the second picture and asks the man what he sees.

"A man and a woman making love in a boat."

He holds up the third picture.

"A man and a woman making love at the beach."

This goes on for the rest of the set of pictures; the man says he sees a man and a woman making love in every one of the pictures. At the end of the test, the psychiatrist looks over his notes and says, "It looks like you have a preoccupation with sex."

And the man replies, "Well, you're the one with the dirty pictures."

Yea, 

Thanks guys! You're the real one! 

First everybody thinks that I'm Criminal, now you make a funn? 

Read between rows. (if you know a joke, but it's not a joke.) 

Yea I showed too much, 

I didn't saw it what I've marked to send here, some guilty  was over my head, so I've hurried, and few doc's was too much,  i just didn't saw it, I didn't open it to take a look, - stupid decision... (maybe there is still chance for me in ambulance 😉

If you don't like it, or you can't help it, 

Do not worsen it, 

It's already bad enough. 

Shinigami, 

I'm thankful for your notification, you helped. 

Alright, assuming it's not stolen...

A US ECU can be used, but the pins are not exactly the same. I have done it. I would have to look up my notes as there is one extra 12V supply wire on the US models. Euro models only have one 12V supply wire going to one of the ECU connectors. There are two ECU connectors: a black one and a grey one. I can't recall which one has the 12V wire on the European model and which one doesn't and furthermore, which pin on the one that doesn't needs it. Once you know, it's quite simple.

You will need this info and also the US ECU, you will also need a set with marching keys, the locks for the ignition, the fuel tank and the seat release. They are often sold on eBay as a set.

How's that for applying the benefit of the doubt / innocent until proven guilty maxim? A posteriori of posting the documentation and trusted Aussie forum members running the checks of course.

Good luck.

I meant no offense. Appearances can be deceiving. You either have a lot to learn or I'm getting soft.

Guys, the pickles receipt he posted is real. They are a legit auction house, mainly for insurance companies, legally selling their property, stolen/recovered bikes or crashed bikes that the owners have had an insurance payout for.

I never realised there was a market for aus bikes in europe, but there you go.

I guess it was bought here and shipped and resold. He wouldnt be the first person to be caught out by buying a  bike with an immobiliser but no keys.

The aus bike wasnt stolen, it was bought and paid for.

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, Auspanglish said:

Alright, assuming it's not stolen...

A US ECU can be used, but the pins are not exactly the same. I have done it. I would have to look up my notes as there is one extra 12V supply wire on the US models. Euro models only have one 12V supply wire going to one of the ECU connectors. There are two ECU connectors: a black one and a grey one. I can't recall which one has the 12V wire on the European model and which one doesn't and furthermore, which pin on the one that doesn't needs it. Once you know, it's quite simple.

You will need this info and also the US ECU with its corresponding key(s) and also the locks for the ignition, the fuel tank and the seat release. They are often sold on eBay as a set.

How's that for applying the benefit of the doubt / innocent until proven guilty maxim? A posteriori of posting the documentation and trusted Aussie forum members running the checks of course.

Good luck.

I meant no offense. Appearances can be deceiving. You either have a lot to learn or I'm getting soft.

Went through the wiring diagram last night and as far as I can see, Yes the Non Hiss ECU has an additional 12v supply from the Fi Fuse 1 to B10 at the ECU. Would be a simple process to add this. Also appears everything else matches up.

Cheers.

Thanks to all of you, i appreciated your work and Time, we've opened thema which can help to a lot of people. 

And If someone didn't see mistake, we should help on each other... The world politics, corporations and people are already cruel enough, 

Being good, is not hard and impossible Mission. 

Thanks again and best regards

If you study the wiring diagrams

Went through the wiring diagram last night and as far as I can see, Yes the Non Hiss ECU has an additional 12v supply from the Fi Fuse 1 to B10 at the ECU. Would be a simple process to add this. Also appears everything else matches up. Cheers.

If you compare the European wiring diagram (warning: there are two year-model specific ECUs and wiring looms for the 6th gen: 2002-2005 @ 2006-2010) with the US one you can determine which connector pins will be surplus to requirements as HISS will become redundant, and you can use one of the pins previously dedicated to the HISS system, splice into the 12V wire and run a second 12V wire using the spare HISS pin to the required slot as follows: 

Both Pin #14 (pink) and Pin #23 (orange/blue) from the grey connector are HISS specific; either can be removed with a good 5-10 cm of wire to use to create a nice solder to the additional extension spliced into the (black/white) 12V supply wire from the black connector (if there is more than one b/w wire there, you can find out which one this is either using a voltmeter or studying the wiring diagram, as I can't find this info in my notes). This second 12V supply wire with its donated pin from the HISS system has to go into the grey connector, precisely slot #16.

Summary: European/Australian 6th gens came with only one 12V supply wire (B/W) on the black connector side of the ECU. US ones have two 12V supply wires, the latter and also one in slot #16 on the grey connector side of the ECU.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Auspanglish said:

If you study the wiring diagrams

If you compare the European wiring diagram (warning: there are two year-model specific ECUs and wiring looms for the 6th gen: 2002-2005 @ 2006-2010) with the US one you can determine which connector pins will be surplus to requirements as HISS will become redundant, and you can use one of the pins previously dedicated to the HISS system, splice into the 12V wire and run a second 12V wire using the spare HISS pin to the required slot as follows: 

Both Pin #14 (pink) and Pin #23 (orange/blue) from the grey connector are HISS specific; either can be removed with a good 5-10 cm of wire to use to create a nice solder to the additional extension spliced into the (black/white) 12V supply wire from the black connector (if there is more than one b/w wire there, you can find out which one this is either using a voltmeter or studying the wiring diagram, as I can't find this info in my notes). This second 12V supply wire with its donated pin from the HISS system has to go into the grey connector, precisely slot #16.

Summary: European/Australian 6th gens came with only one 12V supply wire (B/W) on the black connector side of the ECU. US ones have two 12V supply wires, the latter and also one in slot #16 on the grey connector side of the ECU.

Yeah, but we are talking 8gen here.  Sorry haven't looked at the 6gen wiring.

• Member Contributer

why go to poland when a local locksmith can make the key for you ?

you realise its just a small chip inside the key that connects to the HISS.. right ??

s-l300_zpsengmhvyt.jpg

I understand you, but the localsmith need a key number, which I think I don't have, or? 

It's not a problem to make another key when you have the original one, 

I saw a process on Youtube, 

So I'm not sure if we talk about same situation, 

But if we do, help is welcome 

• Member Contributer

you dont need a key number ..you dont even need keys!!

you need the chip to match the HISS .. this how people turn their HISS bikes in to track bikes..

the HISS isnt part of the lock . its bolted on next to the lock. you can buy a lock set since you need to get into the gas .. and under the seat and having a lock on the steering HELPS..but as you know doesnt stop theft..

the lock smith CAN make a key for the gas cap and seat lock by picking open the gascap.. 

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, gll429 said:

you dont need a key number ..you dont even need keys!!

you need the chip to match the HISS .. this how people turn their HISS bikes in to track bikes..

the HISS isnt part of the lock . its bolted on next to the lock. you can buy a lock set since you need to get into the gas .. and under the seat and having a lock on the steering HELPS..but as you know doesnt stop theft..

the lock smith CAN make a key for the gas cap and seat lock by picking open the gascap.. 

Your forgetting one BIG issue here. He currently has a hiss ECU in his bike, with NO keys. You can't just get keys made up with the Transponder chip installed, they will Not match the ECU = no start. The ONLY way you can get into the key programming mode for the ECU is to have at least ONE original key that matches a stored code in the ECU.

InterceptoRRC79 has three options. 1. He sends his current ECU to the Poland mob who must somehow be able to trick the ECU into programming mode, and send it back with two new matched keys. OR

2. He fits a non hiss ECU, slight mods to the bike and gets non Transponder Keys cut.

3. Buy a new hiss ECU with two matched keys.

• Member Contributer
12 minutes ago, Grum said:

Your forgetting one BIG issue here. He currently has a hiss ECU in his bike, with NO keys. You can't just get keys made up with the Transponder chip installed, they will Not match the ECU = no start. The ONLY way you can get into the key programming mode for the ECU is to have at least ONE original key that matches a stored code in the ECU.

InterceptoRRC79 has two options. 1. He sends his current ECU to the Poland mob who must somehow be able to trick the ECU into programming mode, and send it back with two new matched keys. OR

2. He fits a non hiss ECU, slight mods to the bike and gets non Transponder Keys cut.

YES YOU CAN.. a good lock smith with current tools can match the ecu to chip key!  been there , done that!!

• Member Contributer
1 minute ago, gll429 said:

YES YOU CAN.. a good lock smith with current tools can match the ecu too chip key!  been there , done that!!

I might be learning something here. Tell me how does a locksmith get into your ECU? The ECU will not go into key programming mode without first recognising an original key? 

• Member Contributer

no idea, i am not lock smith!  i did take off the cylinder and gave it to him.. he cut a key and and pulled up something on his lap top.. and matched the chip.. 

Archived