Ignition sistem

Hi guys, please help! 

I bought a bike from guy who don't have a keys from bike,

Honda VFR 800 2014,

The locking sistem is damaged cause someone tried to stole it.

Now I bought this bike without fairings, broken locking sistem, without a bought of keys...

And I don't know what is the best to do, cause in the Honda dealer they told me that we can't turn of the H.I.S.S. sistem in ECU of my bike...and I don't believe him! 

And they want a 2000€ (2500 dollars) to pair my new locking sistem with my old ECU.

What should I do?

Please help if you can

Hoe to start up the bike (i know trick with conecting two wires (+/-) from locking sistem) but I'm not sure if that works on Honda H.I.S.S. 

Help! 😎 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, thanks for fast answers! 

I didn't understand you very well what you trying to say me,., my English is little bit funny,.. Hehe, 

But if you can explain me one more time your story...! 😕

There is no way to turn of H.I.S.S. sistem in my ECU? 

Thank you, 

You don't have to speak German, I have to learn English 

🙂

Don't take me for badly, I'm just young (23) and I don't have idea about this problems what I have... 

Okay, now I understand totally what you want to say me... 

But please tell  me that I can win this battle with new(used) American ECU..? 

That's only chip solution 

And I hope that there will be no problema on control table with MPH  and KM/H? Or? 

• Member Contributer

Why did the previous owner not have the keys?

You say the bike has a damaged ignition because someone tried to steal it, again why does the owner not have keys?

Why are the fairings missing?

Did you steal the bike?

If not, why the f@ck would you pay money for a bike with no keys that was obviously stolen? Are you retarded? Or just innocent?

No-one help this person. We may possibly be helping a thief. Maybe we should report this.

• Member Contributer

If the ignition lock is fucked and there's no keys how did the OP expect to get fuel in the tank ....something he hasn't mentioned

This reeks of stolen bike, checking if it can be fixed before parting it out ....or if he's anything like the local bike thieves in Bristol it's already been torched after not getting the answers he wanted

• Member Contributer

I doubt the guy is a bike thief, or he wouldn't be asking US how to get the bike running.  Real thieves know that stuff already.

The HISS is generally coded into each ECU, so if you've got none of the original keys (each of which has a chip in it), the ECU will unfortunately need to be replaced.  It can be replaced with a new HISS ECU from Honda at great expense, or a used one (eBay usually has things like that...origin unknown).  Used ECUs are often sold with all of the other locks on the bike (ignition, tank and rear cowl), but you can move the chip from one key to another, so you really wouldn't need to change your bike's key or the locks.  The HISS receiver doesn't need to be changed.

Do come back and let us know if you're really a bike thief!

Ciao,

No, he may very well not be, or may be rather clueless if he is... probably just another innocent victim... but the bike is possibly or even probably stolen and someone is suffering its loss.

• Member Contributer

got pictures of the damage lock ? and your paper work?? people dont want to help if you are a thief.. but its very very simple to do..

The same guy, who sold me this bike, also have more bikes like this one, without a keys... 

You can saw the other items for selling on my link from Ebay in my ex comment. 

He buys a crashed, stolen bikes  from one  dealer,.. And he sold them here in EU.

That's all I know 

7 hours ago, Petar said:

I just live my dreams guys, with little money... 

exactly what turns alot of mofo's to crime ! 

Pickles invoice seems real.they couldn't tell me info, but were happy to say yes or no to the info i read out from the invoice you posted. 

• Member Contributer
24 minutes ago, Petar said:

Oooh thanks god! And thanks to you-I'm not guilty anymore!!!!!! 

Thank you man, that's very nice and friendly favor!!! Really big stuff for me..., thanks 

Hey Petar.

In  defense of us all on VFRD. Your opening comments had a Very Bad smell about it. It displayed all the hallmarks of a stolen bike I'm sure you can understand that! You should have submitted those documents first up. We want to be VERY sure we are NOT helping a thief.

19 minutes ago, keef said:

Pickles invoice seems real.they couldn't tell me info, but were happy to say yes or no to the info i read out from the invoice you posted. 

Hi Keef and VFR78.

Also ran a Rego/Vin number check with Vicroads. Rego 1N7OG was cancelled 17/7/2016 Vin and Engine numbers match. Can only hope the poor original owner had an Insurance Payout and this bike became a write off.

• Member Contributer

Petar.

Have a look on e-bay there is a place in Poland you can send the ECM and Ignition switch to. They will send these items back with two programmed keys cut to match your lock for $220. Otherwise you are up for a new HISS/ECM with matched keys, as to how you get them cut to match your locks is your problem seeing you also do not have the key cutting code. 

• Member Contributer
21 minutes ago, Grum said:

Petar.

Have a look on e-bay there is a place in Poland you can send the ECM and Ignition switch to. They will send these items back with two programmed keys cut to match your lock for $220. Otherwise you are up for a new HISS/ECM with matched keys, as to how you get them cut to match your locks is your problem seeing you also do not have the key cutting code. 

Any decent locksmith should be able to figure out the necessary key cuts.  Picks for wave keyways are available now.

36 minutes ago, Grum said:

Petar.

Thanks, you helped me alot, 

Name from Company? 

I don't know how to find them,... Sorry 

Thank you guys, thank you Grum!! 

You helped me a lot 

And sorry cause of suspicious, hehehe... 

And yes, first owner from this bike has get a money for his stolen bike... I get Information from my seller.. 

Archived