Ignition sistem

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, InterceptoRRC79 said:

Can someone tell me where should be "key number"? 

I saw few words about key number in this forum, but that smells not good,.. 

I've find some local "key master", but he need a key number... And on the Honda, i don't know where I can find that number, I even don't have bike jet,... 

Petar. Have you at least downloaded the owners manual?? A lot of the questions you asked can be answered by simply reading the Owners Booklet. Also on this forum you can download the full service manual, however this manual doesn't cover the HISS system.

I guess the obvious suggestion is to take your documents along to a Honda Dealership and perhaps they will provide you the Key cutting code based on the Vin number of your bike.

The Key cutting Code is supplied with the original keys it is a white tag 70mm by 25mm that has a bar code and an alpha numeric like A123. As far as I know this number is not located anywhere on the bike. 

See how you go.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If its a bike from australia that is now in europe 2 years after it was sold at an insurance auction in Australia, im not sure how helpful his local honda dealer will be.

I hope you bought it really cheap.

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, keef said:

If its a bike from australia that is now in europe 2 years after it was sold at an insurance auction in Australia, im not sure how helpful his local honda dealer will be.

I hope you bought it really cheap.

Hi Keef.

Can only hope with proof of ownership the dealer might be able to login to exclusive  Honda stuff to extract the code, doubtful but worth a try. There's no doubt that Honda would store key codes to Vin numbers somewhere within their system. Agree with you, who knows how helpful Honda will be, but it's worth a good try especially seeing Petar can provide good evidence of legitimate ownership.

I have to admit I personally would not have touched this bike with a ten foot pole, unless I needed it for spare parts.

It's a shame due to privacy laws we can't contact the previous owner seeing we do know the rego. The previous owner may still have the keys and might be happy to sell them to Petar, a win,win situation.

Cheers.

Yes mr. Grum, I've downloaded Big Manual (pictures in PDF), hier in this Forum.... Some friendly guy has pictured manual service and he put him in PDF hier) 

If we think on the same? 

Or I've miss something...? 

Yes, I bought a Bike very cheap,... So what means very cheap for you, I Don't know,...  about 3 thousand bucks, however this information should stay in my privacy but no problem, nothing to hide from my side... 

Archived