What Slip on for a 2013 1200F?

07VFR03TLR

• Member Contributer

After looking at various sites I just don't see a ton of options for a slip on exhaust for a 2013 1200F.  I really don't want to spend $800 for an Akro pipe.  What do you all run and how do you like them?  Also, what did you do about the exhaust flapper cable?

Thanks,

Bill

The Coffman pipe on ebay has gotten a good review from a board member,  and recently as well.  you might look into that.

Delk has more than a few mufflers for it,  I'd err on the side of more quiet on the 360* 1200.  she really runs but sounds like a food processor.

there's DAM,  and IXIL as well for pipes on a 1200F

The Coffman's exhaust guy would be me.  Previous to that my bike had a Two Brothers system.

There are two questions that should really be addressed to determine what exhaust you should run.
1.  Do you want to run the factory panniers/luggage?  If so, this will limit your selections a bit.
2.  What is your sound level tolerance?  Are you a "loud pipes save lives" enthusiast, or would you rather have something with a bit of stealth mode?

The only reason I bought the Coffman's was to try it out for myself.  I was actually going to purchase the DAM exhaust, but figured I would give this a try first. The Two Brothers system that was on my bike when I purchased it looked ugly, the clear coat was almost gone from the carbon fiber, and it simply had to go.  I absolutely loved the look of the Coffman's shorty after seeing it on another 1200 that had installed the pre-production version.  At $230 shipped to your door, it's not a huge investment.  It comes with a silencer setup, and believe me it works after trying it without the silencer installed today.  Even with the silencer though, it's still on the loud end of the spectrum, but not obnoxious.  I am planning to try and get some sound clips of it with the silencer installed and removed this coming Friday if the weather holds.   It sounds amazing without the silencer though.  My neighbors will likely start hating me lol.

IMHO The DAM exhaust is probably the best exhaust made for these bikes in terms of function and style.  It works with the luggage, looks great and matches the lines of the bike perfectly, with the DB killer out it makes a great noise without being too loud, and with it in is actually quieter than the stock system, while also performing better.

As far as the exhaust flapper solenoid, you have two options.  The cheap and easy way is an exhaust valve eliminator like the Servo Buddy for $60.
The more expensive way is to have a flash tune done to your ECU.  The flash tune has other benefits as well beyond the solenoid elimination obviously.  I had mine done by Guhl, and aside from my suspension being setup by Daughtery Motorsports, was the best investment I could have made.  Reflash will cost $375 with overnight return shipping included in the price.  They are fast on the turn around too.  I mailed mine off on a Friday, got a call from them Monday, and got it back Wednesday.  

If you haven't seen my thread on the Coffman's exhaust, this is it.  Scroll down to the third post to see pictures of it installed on my bike from 3 different angles.  

16 hours ago, 07VFR03TLR said:

After looking at various sites I just don't see a ton of options for a slip on exhaust for a 2013 1200F.  I really don't want to spend $800 for an Akro pipe.  What do you all run and how do you like them?  Also, what did you do about the exhaust flapper cable?

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Basically I'm echoing what Megadan has said.

I have the DAM slip on fitted to my 2014F. Personally I think it suits the bike and looks neat when I have the panniers on, plus the sound is really, really nice with the db killer removed (definitely NOT stealth mode😁) but still pretty impressive with it in.

Regarding the exhaust flapper solenoid I just fitted a Servo buddy, cheap and easy.

Cheers,

HM.

20170820_123746.jpg

20170106_115551.jpg

20170106_115522.jpg

• Member Contributer

I also have the Dam end can fitted. Not only does it look superb but I believe it smoothed out low rev throttle response too, but that's a very subjective opinion.

I did the cheapest mod on the servo, which has worked perfectly for over 10k miles....just remove the cable!

P1000841.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Same as me. DAM with Servo removed. Easy and very good sound. Besides the technical support is awesome. They helped me one Friday at 22h when I had a doubt about installation.

I also have the Dam end can fitted. Not only does it look superb but I believe it smoothed out low rev throttle response too, but that's a very subjective opinion.

I did the cheapest mod on the servo, which has worked perfectly for over 10k miles....just remove the cable!
P1000841.thumb.JPG.3d56e7bf7c193ee2d1b7e61b8948e88f.JPG

Enviado desde mi SM-A530F mediante Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the info.  Depending on the DBs I may go with the Coffman.  Did you guys remove the cable, and if you did, how hard is it to get to?  I have large hands.

Thanks,

Bill

PS: love the punisher decals where the Honda badge is.  I may need to do that to mine.

• Member Contributer

I don't recall the cable being difficult to remove. The top end is visible when you remove the seat, the lower end comes away when you remove the OEM can. No need to spend any money.

• Member Contributer

Buy the DAM, disconnect the cable, and SMILE! You will not be disappointed.

Archived