Suspension Linkage Out Of Whack

Hey everyone,

I did a Nitron shock install a while back (thanks again to various members for their guidance!) and it worked out great, very pleased. A few weeks ago I got the forks refreshed at a shop, new oil, seals, the usual.

It has been running fantastically, great control and a beautifully damped ride. However, on a long sunny ride on Friday, towards the end of my journey and on a particularly fast and undulating stretch, the ride fell to pieces a little. No longer quite as well controlled, more bucking bronco. I did a little digging last night and discovered the rear linkage triangular plates aren't sitting flush against the dogbone...cause for concern? The bolts were all torqued correctly at the time of the shock install, and I'm aware that too tight and the linkages movement would be restricted, but I am a little worried.

What say yee, oh mighty viffers?

20180526_224426.jpg

20180526_224431.jpg

Having just bounced the front end up and down I notice the springs are making a kind of creaking sound that was never there before. I hit a particularly big bump in the road on Friday and think the ride may have deteriorated from then on...broken springs?

• Member Contributer

The rear triangles are (dirty) correct. The spacer inside the bearings prevents the plates from touching the dogbone mount as to not restrict movement.

Perhaps not broken springs, but changing one end affects the other and maybe they are just overmatched now and need updates.

Archived