Can you retrofit the 2017 model power socket to a 2016 and prior

XRM

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, XRM said:

Anyone retrofitted the 2017 accessory power socket to an older gen 8 bike?

Hi XRM. 

Just incase you are not aware of this, but there is a 12v accessory socket kit available for the earlier 8gens, Part No. 08U70-MJM-D00, (see attached PDF link) however unlike the 2017 model, this one mounts under the rear cowl. Perhaps you want the socket in the same place as the 2017 model? Can't find any info on the 2017 version.

Cheers.

http://www.access-honda.com/upload/files/Оригинальная накладная розетка 12V для мотоцикла Honda VFR800FFD '14-'16VFR800XXD Crossrunner '15-'16 08U70MJMD00 (08U70-MJM-D00).pdf

Thanks Grum,

Yeah I'm also struggling to find any information on the 2017 12v accessory socket.  

Located in the black side cowl, it looks to be in a good spot to run a cable to a tank bag and other dash mounted accessories.

XRM

• Member Contributer

I believe for 2017 the 12 volt accessory socket not only moved location but also became part of the VFR's standard equipment.  Since it's not an optional  "accessory" like the older version this might explain why you can't find any info on it.  Therefore I suppose you would need to find it as a replacement part.  There's a place in England where I bought my VFR badges that has a website with part schematics for almost the entire bike which might show the individual parts involved, try:

www.LingsHondaParts.com

• Member Contributer
On 5/27/2018 at 7:41 AM, XRM said:

Thanks Grum,

Yeah I'm also struggling to find any information on the 2017 12v accessory socket.  

Located in the black side cowl, it looks to be in a good spot to run a cable to a tank bag and other dash mounted accessories.

XRM

Standard fit on the new bikes.  The only place you may get info are from the parts fiche or contacting a dealer outside of the US.

Archived