(UK) An aftermarket exhaust that fits really well :-)

Snapper

• Member Contributer

"As for hiding numberplates, the most common crime is vehicle cloning. Scumbags find vehicles with the same model and colour as theirs, replicate your plates and drive/ride around without having to buy insurance/road tax/MOT (annual roadworthy inspection)."

Why would they care if the number plate is for a vehicle that matches? They're not going to be showing their registration papers to a LEO if they get

stopped so who's going to call them on a non-color match. Who cares that the fake plate is for a 1971 BSA and you're tooling around on a new Harley?

It's a fake plate, with no paperwork. Auto cameras I suppose could be an issue, but the ticket is going to the plate number owner, so all that matters to

the guy with the fake plate is that it isn't his.

"Also used to clone scrapped vehicles for resale. Buyer does a history check and finds everything OK because it relates to your nice clean motorcycle,

not the crashed/repaired/written off piece of sh!t the scumbag is actually selling."

You going to tell me that someone is going to buy a bike based on the plate rather than the VIN? If you do a history check you do it on the VIN, not the plate. 

6 hours ago, FJ12Ryder said:

Why would they care if the number plate is for a vehicle that matches? They're not going to be showing their registration papers to a LEO if they get

stopped so who's going to call them on a non-color match. Who cares that the fake plate is for a 1971 BSA and you're tooling around on a new Harley?

It's a fake plate, with no paperwork. Auto cameras I suppose could be an issue, but the ticket is going to the plate number owner, so all that matters to

the guy with the fake plate is that it isn't his.

If I understand it correctly, auto cameras, (ANPR), are not just on the roadside but in police cars too. Requested info gives owner, make, colour, current docs etc.Just having a number from a legit vehicle's not enough to evade a pull.

• Member Contributer

If someone want to hide their plate when on FB or Craigslist it certainly is their option, I just don't

think it's the issue that the internet rumor mongers say it is.

But I've hijacked this thread long enuff. I shall be silent on the idea...for now anyway. 🙂

Archived