SumSum warm ups

• Member Contributer

Last winter I purchased and refurbished a Gen 6 RWB with 48,000 miles (to replace the same anniversary edition I sold in 2013). This year I want to finally make it to SumSum. Since I'm no longer a spring chicken, and the bike has no mileage on it since taking it down to the frame, I thought it might be wise to get a few rides in to make sure every nut and bolt is tightened, and to be sure my maturing body are up to the roundtrip to SumSum. 

Last week I made a loop though the mountains just north of Boise. The spring snow melt run off has all the rivers and creeks at full capacity. And everything is green. Two mountain passes at over 6,000 feet (nothing by CO Rocky Mtn standards) but still had some snow at summit and day time temps at about 40F. Open roads - literally an hour of backroad mountain hwy between cars). Just a beautiful day. 

And today I put on about 250 miles in the desert of So ID along the Snake River. Also good roads, nice weather and no traffic. Overall the bike is performing well and the old body is acceptable with periodic stops "to take pictures". SumSum is looking feasible. 

Cheers!

file-8.jpeg

file-5.jpeg

file-9.jpeg

file-12.jpeg

file-10.jpeg

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Calculon said:

Bike looks great and so does the scenery.  Never been to Idaho but would like to, especially on a bike.

If you head to Idaho, don't miss Hwy 12 between Lolo, MT and Lewiston, ID.   It's a National Scenic Highway that follows the Lochsa / Clearwater River.   It's over 100 miles through wilderness - no businesses, homes, etc - just river, curvy highway and - yikes, deer.  If you've never ridden it, it's a can't miss.  They are in process of repaving it, and from the looks of what they were doing, the work will continue in to 2019 as well.  The sign at the MT / ID border (looking West) says it all . . .

20180715_085723.jpg

• Member Contributer

Oh man wish I could go, the scenery looks sensational. Love to be there but 17,000k's away and upside down:wacko: means I can't.

Cheers.:wheel:

• Member Contributer
15 hours ago, Cogswell said:

If you head to Idaho, don't miss Hwy 12 between Lolo, MT and Lewiston, ID.   It's a National Scenic Highway that follows the Lochsa / Clearwater River.   It's over 100 miles through wilderness - no businesses, homes, etc - just river, curvy highway and - yikes, deer.  If you've never ridden it, it's a can't miss.  They are in process of repaving it, and from the looks of what they were doing, the work will continue in to 2019 as well.  The sign at the MT / ID border (looking West) says it all . . .

20180715_085723.jpg

I'm adding this to my Sept. ride out west. Hoping to get to Oregon to ride to do (at least) US 20. Drove it in my cage west from the coast last spring. Fabulous!

Thank you to the other brother Swell.

Archived