Help Identifying 5th Generation Aftermarket Header

mgage777

I bought this header and off eBay. I have not received it yet. I called Two Brother’s to ask about the header. They stated that they were pretty sure they did not make a header for the 5th gen.

Can any of you help me identify what brand of headers these are?

67090d229e49395f46ea8661e041ad26.jpge4f88d9cc133f0eec635aa25ac04a484.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

that looks like junk to me, send it to me and I will dispose of this for you..... how did you find this I look almost everyday. I believe it is in fact a TBR header but someone like candyred will know for sure

that looks like junk to me, send it to me and I will dispose of this for you..... how did you find this I look almost everyday. I believe it is in fact a TBR header but someone like candyred will know for sure

Haha I’ve been keeping my eyes peeled for a full system. There is a full Staintune system on eBay now.

Thank you for the help. The seller claimed it was a TBR header. I called TBR who stated they did not make it. I’m glad to know that they were mistaken.

Looks like the TBros header on my bike, the model they never made.

Exhaust.jpg

They clean up nice.

IMG_9086Medium.jpg

Oh nice! What did you use to clean your’s up? Mine have a couple dents that I’m going to try to pop out. I’ve been thinking about ceramic coating the headers as well.

How do you like that exhaust set up?

• Member Contributer
On 5/21/2018 at 5:01 PM, mgage777 said:

I bought this header and off eBay. I have not received it yet. I called Two Brother’s to ask about the header. They stated that they were pretty sure they did not make a header for the 5th gen.

Can any of you help me identify what brand of headers these are?

67090d229e49395f46ea8661e041ad26.jpge4f88d9cc133f0eec635aa25ac04a484.jpg

Before you go and install these, you might be able to help the VFR community with getting replica headers made.

• Member Contributer

Great find! You must be psychic to have seen those headers before anyone else on the VFR forums.

+1 on what Duc2V4 said - you could do a great service to many VFR owners if you’d consider briefly loaning them for measurements and fitting. One of our most knowledgeable, long term members is an automotive engineer who is considering getting a replica header into production.

Oh my Lordy......never seen this version before,  as noted they where never made,  so how can you have one.   Must be a Chinese knock off 😉 

Awe,   I can answer this if one is referring to the Two brothers header.   38 & 52mm OD  basically 1.5 inch primary's and 2" outlet mid pipe.   the little section of tubing just after the two primary Ys  aka, secondary's. are 42mm and only like 2.5" in length by looking at it as its in a bend, but not very long.

Archived