Possible dct issue

Nikkon

Hi all,

I own a 2015 DCT version. It only has 12700 km so far and I believe it might have some transmission issues.

I mostly use it outside city for long rides. On the past 2 months I used the bike alot in town for commuting. I started to feel some shoks and delays when switching from 1th to 2gear in drive mode. After a long drive everything works fine again. Do I need to be concerned?

I do change oil (motul 7100) and filters every 5000 km.

For some reason I have the feeling that dct was not designed for city usage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think you have a transmission problem.  The transmission can be a little clunky at low speeds in D mode, but personally, I keep the DCT in SPORT mode for low speed, in town and traffic use because I prefer the more robust engine braking.  I really only use D mode for highway speeds.  Of course, my fuel mileage isn’t the greatest, but I find it a fair compromise.

I got it. It does make sense. To be honest keeping the engine only @ 2-3k rpm might not force it however have no clue if this is healthy.

Thanks for answering

My 2012 6spd owner’s book says I can shift into 6th at 37 mph (60 kmh), but unless I’m on level road, it’s not a smooth ride.  At this speed in 4th it’s very quiet and smooth.

457B1C33-9EAE-46B7-AB17-B629DB9919FC.jpeg

• Member Contributer
On 5/19/2018 at 3:30 PM, Nikkon said:

Can you please be more specific?

you can search "DCT Clutch Initialize Learning"

• 3 months later...
On 5/20/2018 at 5:26 PM, Nikkon said:

I do this every morning. S mode once I have 2 lines on the oil temperature

That's not the oil temp but coolant temperature (water). Oil temp gets up slower than that of the coolant so i would leave it in D for a little more. I have oil temp in my car and it climbs a lot slower than water temp.

Archived