Pro evo shift kit?

• Member Contributer
18 hours ago, MaxSwell said:

Regarding shifting into first at a stop: I find if I wait to shift down to first gear as I approch an anticipated stop until about 2 - 4 mph I get into first gear without a clunk.

(That technique will require holding the clutch lever in while you wait to get moving again; this is a technique taught in MSF rider training courses so that you can move right away if some is approching from behind and threatening to rear-end you.)

I am aware of any threats from behind, then I like use the few minutes to sit up. It also then frees up my hands to clean my shield, change my music, text, and fight off any treats from above, hawks eagles and other birds of prey 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Nah, when downshifting, or upshifting as far as that goes, I'll match engine revs to road speed

for smooth transition from gear to gear. I just try to avoid the whole rev-my-engine-at-a-stop thing.

But, truth be told, I'll sometimes do it just to hear the sweet gear-driven-cams whine/growl. :beer:

• Member Contributer
On 5/27/2018 at 8:20 AM, FJ12Ryder said:

Nah, when downshifting, or upshifting as far as that goes, I'll match engine revs to road speed

for smooth transition from gear to gear. I just try to avoid the whole rev-my-engine-at-a-stop thing.

But, truth be told, I'll sometimes do it just to hear the sweet gear-driven-cams whine/growl. :beer:

So you are a sometimes pirate?! 🙃  I get enough of that at speed. It is a sweet sound. (Rider earplugs are mandatory here!)

Archived