Buying a used 2013 VFR1200...are you the previous owner?

I'm in the process of buying a standard 2013 from a dealer in CA.  Title is from Idaho.  Just wondering if the previous owner happens to be on VFRD.

It's got the factory saddle bags, a Corbin seat, black DAM exhaust, factory windscreen extender, and a GoPro mount stuck on the windscreen, near the bottom. 

If it happened to be yours in its previous life, let me know. Curious if it's had the Guhl flash done yet. 

• Member Contributer

FWIW, if the ECU has been flashed it will have a Guhl sticker on it I believe.  Just have to lift the tank in the font to see.  Post a pic of the bike when you get it.

Actually, I plan to sell the KTM.  The back pain hasn't gotten better after 5k miles, so that kills the whole 'tour the country' plan.  And after a few longer rides, I realized that I probably wouldn't enjoy touring as much as I thought I would.  I also found that it wasn't that much fun on dirt roads, so that killed the 'explore dirt roads around the state' plan.   So the new plan is to go back to doing sporty day rides, with the occasional overnighter, and spending more time mountain biking and dirt biking with friends. 

It's not that I don't like the KTM...It's an amazing machine with wickedly addictive power, but my back seems to prefer a sporty riding position over the fully upright position that would be more comfortable to 99% of the population. 

Obviously I'll be taking a huge loss on the KTM, but at least the VFR is pretty cheap ($7000 shipped, with less than 10k miles on it).  Maybe I'll add a dual sport like a KLR, in the future. 

• Member Contributer

Good to see you're heading back to VFR land. Hope your bike purchase is a good one, I'm sure you'll give it a good going over before you buy. Look forward to seeing more good posts from you.

All the Best DriverDave.

Cheers.

Grum

• Member Contributer
18 hours ago, Spreeweiler said:

Niiiiiiice! I'm surpised London Metro doesn't use sliders or a crash cage / bars on their duty bikes...:schla15:

How much for the 1290 Adventure?🚀

Because they are far too good to involve themselves in such frippery.

On 5/17/2018 at 9:47 PM, DriverDave said:

Actually, I plan to sell the KTM.  The back pain hasn't gotten better after 5k miles, so that kills the whole 'tour the country' plan.  And after a few longer rides, I realized that I probably wouldn't enjoy touring as much as I thought I would.  I also found that it wasn't that much fun on dirt roads, so that killed the 'explore dirt roads around the state' plan.   So the new plan is to go back to doing sporty day rides, with the occasional overnighter, and spending more time mountain biking and dirt biking with friends. 

It's not that I don't like the KTM...It's an amazing machine with wickedly addictive power, but my back seems to prefer a sporty riding position over the fully upright position that would be more comfortable to 99% of the population. 

Obviously I'll be taking a huge loss on the KTM, but at least the VFR is pretty cheap ($7000 shipped, with less than 10k miles on it).  Maybe I'll add a dual sport like a KLR, in the future. 

I understand the back issue. Was it hurting more on dirt roads?

I'm surprised that you're going for even heavier machine for sporty day rides. I'd be looking into, cough cough Tuono or Speed Triple, albeit the VFR looks so sweet.

Back is no different on dirt, but the bike isn't fun on dirt.  I'm just too used to my light and nimble little KLX300, so the KTM feels big and sketchy.  

I've never had any interest in naked bikes.  I'm sure they're a hoot to ride, but I actually like the extra stability and wind protection of sport touring bikes.  This VFR is only about 40 lbs heavier than the KTM, and only around 65 heavier than the 8th gen, and it has 170 hp! I've actually had my eye on the 7th gen since it first came out.  I even came close to getting one a few times over the last 8 years. 

Maybe we'll get lucky and find out that Honda is working on an all new, big bore VFR, with all the tech from the new Goldwing. 

And congrats to Samuelx. That is indeed the one, although I did get them down a bit to $6300.  I think that's pretty good considering how many extras it has that I would have bought anyway....bags, grips, centerstand, Heli-bars, the very same black DAM exhaust that I would have ordered within days of delivery! That's at least another 2 grand I'm saving. 

Archived