Shorai battery

• Member Contributer

I know a few years back there were reported problems with battery life so I am wondering if some of you have experience with this manufacturer. I know one drawback is cold weather starting as it is the opposite of acid type cells. I like the light weight and it is time for the change.

Thanks

I bough ta shorai and installed it last march,very happy with it . I put the VFR away last November. installed my trusty float charger,battery tender.April, pulled the cover off,aired tires ,checked fluids,turned on the ignition, dead as a hammer.The fuse in the chargers  out put was blown .they apparently draw very high current when charging from dead.I ended up jumppering to a good battery over night, and have have had no more problems since. the battery holds its charge well and starts strong, I have the same  battery on my Harley two yearsnow,no problems .I would recommend highly for its many virtues.

• Member Contributer

I've had a shorai battery for 3.5 years. Commute on it most days. Have never put it on a charger,  just disconnect it if i don't ride for more then a week, and over winter. 

Archived