Help, GIVI MONOKEY racks 09 VFR800

traviscarnahan

Bought an 09 VFR and it came with V35 side cases and GIVI MONOKEY racks and no instructions.   I'm clever enough  to think that perhaps there's a piece or two missing.  Does anyone else have this same setup?  There are so many racks available out there and not enough detailed pictures i'm hoping to draw on experience.  Have a look at the pictures and see if you can tell what model of rack and what might be missing so that |I can describe it to a vendor.  I'm stumped.  

and as an aside, im looking for a set of grab rails, a topcase and a rack if anyone has a set to sell.  

20180501_160037.jpg

20180501_160454.jpg

• Member Contributer

Giviusa.com engineers are quite willing to help figure any problems, and provide missing parts.

One thing in the instructions state and is quite true is to keep all assembled part connections loose before tightening any of them. They seem to be under some tension when tightened down.

On my fifth gen, there are a couple of parts that connect the two side racks. Your equivalent could be:

166FZ MonoRack Sidearms

product SKU: 166FZ

See for more detail:

http://www.giviusa.com/my-motorcycle/honda/vfr800-v-tec-02-11

Good luck Travis.

On 5/9/2018 at 11:00 AM, MaxSwell said:

One thing in the instructions state and is quite true is to keep all assembled part connections loose before tightening any of them. They seem to be under some tension when tightened down.

Very very true. I had issue installing a SWMoto rack to my um, Italian VFR.

Tightened things up 1 bolt at a time as I went along installing, and it did not fit, seemed way off.

Loosen bolts up and try again, OK good! Everything is under tension when installed and tightened.

Then I attach the Givi box. All good. 😁

Archived