Healthtech Quickshifter?

gotpowr

I've been considering getting the Honda Quickshifter for a while and was going to pick one up for the riding season.  However, I keep seeing negative comments around the lever feeling different and the extra hardware forcing a slightly different foot position.  I happened upon a thread that mentioned the Healtech quickshifter which fits our bikes.  From the sound of it, it should address the issues people ran into with the Honda quickshifter since it uses all the stock components and just adds a control box and a pressure sensor.

Has anyone used one of these on the 8th gen?  I don't do a ton of full throttle runs, but i do manual clutchless shifting often on my rides with normal throttle and am hoping this would be a good solution (even if it is slightly more expensive).

• Member Contributer

Never had any problems with my Honda Quickshifter and have put up pics showing the difference between the positions. Ie not a lot of difference at all. Sadly couldn’t manage a straight on pic E23C18B0-FBC2-4EBA-97DE-7103FCE977ED.thumb.jpeg.3aa5e01da188585677ce402531910269.jpeg0CAB4399-BC4B-4463-915B-D2208D965090.thumb.jpeg.9dca6d8bae94441cbf9854114b0541da.jpeg 

• Member Contributer

I've not used the Healtech yet, I'm going to put one on my other bike & see how it goes. But have to say that quick shifters are even better when touring than when giving it the beans ! Seamless changes are great regardless of your speed or rate of acceleration.  The Honda unit does look very old world tech, compared to the latest strain gauge units.

• 1 month later...

I just bought a new 2014 VFR800 and have the OEM accessory quick shifter to install and I'm in NJ.  Did you do the install yourself?  I'm looking for instruction to do the install.  If you did it yourself and wouldn't mind showing me, I would be happy to come to you.  Thanks, any advise would be greatly appreciated.

• Member Contributer
58 minutes ago, hogsniper said:

I just bought a new 2014 VFR800 and have the OEM accessory quick shifter to install and I'm in NJ.  Did you do the install yourself?  I'm looking for instruction to do the install.  If you did it yourself and wouldn't mind showing me, I would be happy to come to you.  Thanks, any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Hogsniper.

Just posted some info for you on the "Quickshifter" topic. Installation looks easy, haven't fitted one myself but with all the info on this forum you shouldn't have any issues.

Cheers

• Member Contributer

Fitting instructions in PDFs at Honda Powersport

Archived