Looking to source part without full assembly

headshrink

I would like to buy, if possible, a replacement for the missing bolt cover/cap on my top-case carrier bracket. The part number for the complete assembly is 08L74-MJM-D10, but I can't find any information on buying spare bolts, caps, etc. Ebay and Amazon only seem to have complete assemblies, as does every part retailers I have looked at. Any ideas?

dMmx8WM.jpg

• Member Contributer

The bolt should be easy enough, you have the other side to copy

As for the plug, get some Polymorph low temperature plastic, you can mould that to shape and add ink/dye to colour it black

Polymorph is available from eBay ....of course

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi.

I am in exactly the spot as the OP (although it is only the cap piece that I am after).

Did the OP (or anybody else) get anywhere with sorting a replacement?  Moulding one myself is a little outside of my skill set unfortunately!

Many thanks in anticipation of your help!

Hi.

I am in exactly the spot as the OP (although it is only the cap piece that I am after).

Did the OP (or anybody else) get anywhere with sorting a replacement?  Moulding one myself is a little outside of my skill set unfortunately!

22 hours ago, Olders said:

Hi.

No I haven't done anything, other than removing all the other caps for the time being.

• 5 months later...

So after contacting Honda, I have found a solution to the ‘missing cap’ problem.

It is possible to buy just the cap on its own; the Honda part number is:

81214-MCS-G30 CAP A

They are not that commonly held in stock but can be bought (I have done so!).

Hopefully this will be helpful to someone.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2019 at 12:38 AM, Olders said:

So after contacting Honda, I have found a solution to the ‘missing cap’ problem.

It is possible to buy just the cap on its own; the Honda part number is:

81214-MCS-G30 CAP A

They are not that commonly held in stock but can be bought (I have done so!).

Hopefully this will be helpful to someone.

Awesome, thanks for finding this!  Hopefully they will ship to the US.  I've noticed the part number isn't listed by any of the parts suppliers here.

EDIT:  They will send it to the US but unfortunately they want 30 GBP to ship (part is 1 GBP ea).  This is almost 40 USD to ship a part that cost about a dollar.

• Member Contributer

The part numbers for accessories are often not included in the Parts Lists for the bikes, but they are usually noted in the installation instructions for the accessory itself.  But, as you have learned, getting the part number isn't the entire battle...

Ciao,

JZH

• 3 weeks later...

Shrink...

Go to davidsilverspares.com (their US site not their UK site) and type in the part number without the hyphens in the Part Number Search i.e. 81214MCSG30.

They will have to order it in specially for you but are offering it for sale at $1.20.  Given that this is their US branch I am sure the delivery costs will be more reasonable!

Hope that sorts it out for you.

Regards.

Olders

12 hours ago, Olders said:

Shrink...

Go to davidsilverspares.com (their US site not their UK site) and type in the part number without the hyphens in the Part Number Search i.e. 81214MCSG30.

They will have to order it in specially for you but are offering it for sale at $1.20.  Given that this is their US branch I am sure the delivery costs will be more reasonable!

Hope that sorts it out for you.

Regards.

Olders

Great find, Thank you!

Order has been placed.  Shipping was $10 USD.

• 1 month later...

I forgot to post an update, but I did receive the replacement cap a couple weeks ago.  If my old memory serves, I paid somewhere in the neighborhood of $15 USD for 4 caps (extras) shipped to my door.  Obviously most of the cost was shipping, but not too bad considering what it takes to move these across the country, although I'm sure shipping a padded envelope doesn't really cost that much.... but we all need to make a living, and it was half the cost of shipping overseas. 

Thanks again to everyone for helping me source this part!  I don't think I would have found it myself, as all my regular parts suppliers AND google weren't getting me as far as you all did .  :)

Archived