Fuel breather and overflow hoses

tzed9

Hi all

On replacing my engine (VTECA9) I struggled to verify in the pdf manual the routes for the breather and overflow hoses

Called A2 on the A2 for advice and we agreed they should both go to ground along with the coolant overflow

4500 miles later it has started to misbehave and second on the list of troubleshooting checks is 'Fuel contaminated/deteriorated', which got me to think about the routing of these hoses again

Would anyone be able to comment on where these hoses terminate if not ground please

• Member Contributer

I presume you are talking about the two hoses connected to the tank underside. The larger one is for overflow while filling the tank, that definitely needs to terminate under the bike so spills are directed to the ground not the hot headers for example. The smaller one is specifically a breather for the top inside of the tank, and that also should terminate under the bike. The 6G manual that I have shows the following diagram. 

Untitled.png

I am, and I appreciate your time in responding Terry it seems I have these deployed OK

Plan is to drain fuel, change fuel filters, flush with K44 injector cleaner wish me luck!

I have 02-09 Honda VFR Interceptor Service Manual.pdf could you direct me to the page or version you refer to?

Many thanks!

• Member Contributer

Hose routing is right near the front, general info section I think.

Archived