Okay to remove accessory fuse to disable heated grips?

I'm a fair-weather rider and have no use for the heated grips on my 2014 VFR800FD. I'm also clumsy and constantly turn them on by accident, so I thought I'd just pull the fuse. Elsewhere on this forum I learnt that it's the ACC fuse I should pull, but I'm reluctant to do so without knowing what else might be connected. I haven't added any electrical gizmos; the bike is the standard Deluxe model with a quickshifter. Is pulling the accessory fuse going to cause trouble elsewhere?

• Member Contributer
On 4/15/2018 at 8:17 AM, TheGoldTooth said:

I'm a fair-weather rider and have no use for the heated grips on my 2014 VFR800FD. I'm also clumsy and constantly turn them on by accident, so I thought I'd just pull the fuse. Elsewhere on this forum I learnt that it's the ACC fuse I should pull, but I'm reluctant to do so without knowing what else might be connected. I haven't added any electrical gizmos; the bike is the standard Deluxe model with a quickshifter. Is pulling the accessory fuse going to cause trouble elsewhere?

Hi GoldTooth.

According to my wiring diagram, if you remove the 10a ACC Fuse in the Left Side Fuse Box. You will only loose the Heated Grips, and the switched 12v power to the rear option plug, which shouldn't bother you, unless you've added an alarm system or any other accessories to that plug.

So go ahead, removing the fuse you won't harm anything. Its an easy replacement anyway. No doubt the simplest way to disable your Heated Grips!!

Cheers.

16 hours ago, Grum said:

So go ahead, removing the fuse you won't harm anything. Its an easy replacement anyway. No doubt the simplest way to disable your Heated Grips!!

Thanks, Grum. I did so and it's worked perfectly, no more heated grips. 

Archived