Hello Again From Middle America!

Rush2112

• Member Contributer

Hello to old friends and new!

I wanted to properly say hello after a prolonged absence…. It has been almost two years since I contributed to the forum.  I had a lot of issues develop over that time, took 6 months for my thumb to heal from TMAC (my ego is still bruised…), survived two re-orgs at work, couple of surgeries, wife, house, kids, school, dog, you name it… and the frustration of the Tyga header project blowing-up in the 11th hour after putting $5k of my own money up and two years of work to try to make it happen… I had to step back for a bit.

I want to thank Griff, Kyle, and Mark for reminding me of why I ride and what makes VFRD such an amazing forum! 

… and to HS, BR, CC, TTC, Seb, KK, ZZ, Dutchy, Mohawk, BLS, Veefer, CRRC, RS, Yokel, and the rest of the gang… Thanks for everything!  I hope you’ll forgive me for dropping out and don’t mind if I crash the party!

:beer:

:wheel:

:cheerleader:

gallery_19432_5583_78081.jpg

Words of wisdom...

gallery_19432_5583_290317.jpg

Have to post a bike picture...

gallery_19432_7528_149486.jpg

One for Dutchy :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Good to have u back:beer:

And as ur probably well aware we're still waiting for someone to make those headers 

• Member Contributer

Thanks Folks!

I'm thinking of buying a TIG welder, teaching myself how to weld, and making the headers myself...

If I'd thought of that 4 years ago we would all have headers by now :wink:

• Member Contributer

With 100mm diametre, I can honestly say that 2 big jugs are better than 4 small ones...

Motorcycle-Babe-2000-Honda-RC51-RVT1000R

Welcome back son!!!!

Since you left, redslut passed away....

waves_zps6a92483f.thumb.jpg.7bd599f687a0876f93a6a6eb1a8f77e1.jpg

• Member Contributer

Good to have you back Rush!! Just in time for a new ridding season. Have you been ridding or wrenching on your VFR track project at all while on your sabbatical?

• Member Contributer

Welcome Back Rush! A lot has happened since you stepped away for a while. Mostly the same old stuff though, Stator/RR issues, What tires?, What Oil?, How about them headers? Hope all is well now and that you're back with a clear head and ready to rejoin the fray.

• Member Contributer

Hi Rush - I'd be a newbie to you. I had just joined vfrd two years ago and saw your last few posts before haitus. Welcome back - you have been quoted, referenced, and missed. And thanks for the sweet garage/bathroom wall shot of the Castrol RC45 [Kocinski's?] and its seat cover! Looking forward to crossing virtual or actual paths with you.

9 hours ago, Dutchy said:

With 100mm diametre, I can honestly say that 2 big jugs are better than 4 small ones...

Dutchy, it depends on which two women the 4 small ones are attached to.

• Member Contributer
12 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Welcome back son!!!!

Thanks Man!  Tough to argue with that logic...

11 hours ago, gig said:

Good to have you back Rush!! Just in time for a new ridding season. Have you been ridding or wrenching on your VFR track project at all while on your sabbatical?

Good to be back... haven't gone for a ride yet this year, last ride was with KD last year.  Weather has been crazy, 91°F yesterday and it's going to have a high of 40°F on Sunday.  I need to get some new rubber for the ol' girl & I need to get back wrenching on the project bike, I need to make time for that.

4 hours ago, Duc2V4 said:

Welcome Back Rush! A lot has happened since you stepped away for a while. Mostly the same old stuff though, Stator/RR issues, What tires?, What Oil?, How about them headers? Hope all is well now and that you're back with a clear head and ready to rejoin the fray.

Thanks Duc!  You're right, it's funny...some things don't change! 

BTW... I need tires, what's the best combination?  I'm thinking of sticking with my Angel GTs... LOL

:beatdeadhorse:

3 hours ago, sfdownhill said:

Hi Rush - I'd be a newbie to you. I had just joined vfrd two years ago and saw your last few posts before haitus. Welcome back - you have been quoted, referenced, and missed. And thanks for the sweet garage/bathroom wall shot of the Castrol RC45 [Kocinski's?] and its seat cover! Looking forward to crossing virtual or actual paths with you.

Dutchy, it depends on which two women the 4 small ones are attached to.

Thanks!  Pleasure to meet you!

That's Carl Fogarty's ("Foggy") RC45 from World Superbike, I'm not sure of the year... maybe 1996.

... you're in Vista?  I was in Oceanside 2 weeks ago and I'll be back in San Marcos & Oceanside the beginning of next month.

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, SEBSPEED said:

Welcome back man. I'm still up for helping you get that project done...

Either you or me is finishing it, Man!

If I don’t have it running by this time next year, and I earn a bonus at work, it gets boxed up to you for completion ...

I’ll even include my spreadsheets :wink:

No doubt it will turn out better that way!

• Member Contributer

Rush, Has your stable increased?

In My Garage::Y2K VFR Street Bike; 5th gen VFR/CBR/RC/ZX14 FrankenTrackBike Project, SLK350

Any pics you can share?

honda vfr sexy girl - ID: 597315

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, gig said:

In My Garage::Y2K VFR Street Bike; 5th gen VFR/CBR/RC/ZX14 FrankenTrackBike Project, SLK350

Any pics you can share?

honda vfr sexy girl - ID: 597315

Damn!!!

That is one sexy ride... 

I’ll grab some pics when I get on my laptop

• Member Contributer
18 hours ago, gig said:

Any pics you can share?

Older picture of my Frankenbike project... I'm calling it my RVF800.  There used to be a build thread but I can't find it.

gallery_19432_7528_1780569.jpg

... and I picked up a new drive.  I wanted a used 2 seater convertible hard top with a manual transmission and this is one of the few ones I could find.  When I bought it there were only 3 SLK350's for sale in the U.S. with manual trannys.  Nobody in U.S. buys a MB with a manual shift.  Needed a little work and I paid half what I paid for my wife's Civic.... and it's versatile too!

large.5ad2e1f0954ee_SLKTree.jpeg.0bf0442

• Member Contributer

Sharp car!  My neighbor had one, but I don't believe it was a stick shift.   Another 2 seat ride I've always liked are the S2000's with a HT on them (even tho their HT's don't fold down like the SLK).   I rode in one - didn't drive it - the 8,000 rpm redline was a hoot to play with.  It just begged the driver to run the snot out of it.  Fun car. 

• Member Contributer

Welcome back Rush, I hope all is well in the world with you now, you have been missed.

Looking forward to your future contributions.

• Member Contributer
On 4/13/2018 at 1:40 PM, Rush2112 said:

That's Carl Fogarty's ("Foggy") RC45 from World Superbike, I'm not sure of the year... maybe 1996.

... you're in Vista?  I was in Oceanside 2 weeks ago and I'll be back in San Marcos & Oceanside the beginning of next month.

Yep - let me know when you'll be in North San Diego County. I'll PM you my info.

Archived