Hello from Folsom

headshrink

Hi Everyone!  I've been riding since 2008, but have recently acquired one of my dream bikes, the VFR Interceptor! Mine is a 2014 Deluxe model.  I'm still getting used to the vastly different ergonomic than my CBR500r, but am loving the power.  I  live on forums, as I do my own maintenance this is where 90% of that knowledge comes from.  I look forward to many VFR talks!

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the forum Headshrink.

Great choice of bike, once the V4 drug gets you there's no turning back. I find general maintenance to be fairly easy on these bikes, you can also download the Service Manual from the forum if you haven't already done so. There is a wealth of info on this site, chew through it and you'll get to know your bike a lot better.

Enjoy the ride.

Cheers for the south - way way down south!!

• Member Contributer

Welcome ro VFRD from across the pond :beer:

We need a picture of your bike of course, unless no cameras are allowed "inside".... :goofy:

I hear the VFR a comin'
It's rollin' 'round the bend
And I ain't seen the sunshine
Since, I don't know when
I'm stuck in Folsom Prison
And my knee keeps draggin' on
But that VFR keeps a-rollin'
On down to San Antone

• Member Contributer

Hey, welcome aboard headshrink. Your 8th gen 2014 sounds like a perfect step up from a 500. Dutchy's adaptation of the classic Johnny Cash song says it all - in Folsom you're at the foot of great Sierra foothill riding. but you already knew that. Have you ridden Ice House Road, a bit up the 50 from you?

5 hours ago, sfdownhill said:

Hey, welcome aboard headshrink. Your 8th gen 2014 sounds like a perfect step up from a 500. Dutchy's adaptation of the classic Johnny Cash song says it all - in Folsom you're at the foot of great Sierra foothill riding. but you already knew that. Have you ridden Ice House Road, a bit up the 50 from you?

Yes, I have done that ride a couple times.  Funny thing is the last time I rode right past the entrance and never saw it.  I think there was quite a bit more overgrowth than I remembered. 

Archived