Best touring screen for 2015 VFR 800

Bowdy

Question

Hi, I'm a new member so please excuse me if I've selected the wrong section for advice.Ive recently purchased a 2015 VFR 800 and I'm having a lot of wind hitting my neck and the lower section of my helmet.I see that there are many aftermarket screens suitable for my bike but don't know which one would solve the problem. I'm 5' 10" and the bike is fitted with bar risers.I don't mind the look of the Puig touring screen although would be happier with a smaller one such as a double bubble,any advice would be greatly appreciated.

6 answers to this question

It's going to be a touch and go topic for sure.  

My advice would be go with the taller Puig screen.  The DB will look cool and in a tuck it'll be quieter and more eficient to a very small degree than stock,  but I highly doubt it will change the airflow characteristics on the highway,  especially stood up with bar risers.

That being said,  the DB might shape the air in a way that makes it better for you,  you won't know unless you've got the pounds for it.  If it were my money and this was a real problem I'd go for the tall screen 

I went with the Puig touring for my 2014.  I run that from November-April, (I'm in PA) and then the stock screen the rest of the year.  I'm 5'10", factory risers, and the wind hits me towards the top of the helmet with the Puig, and high chest with the stock windshield.  The Puig is (for me at least -- I wear a full Aerostich Roadcrafter) really warm, so much so that it's not something I could tolerate for long above 75 degrees F.  

I took my new-ish (ex demo) 800F up to London last weekend and found the stock screen too low for me.  I've just spent fifteen years behind electrically-adjustable screens (FJR1300 and K1200GT) and I'd forgotten what wind blast was like. Before the Yam and the BMW I had an 800FiY and that was fine with a Pyramid Plastics double-bubble.  Based on a conversation with a dealer, I've just placed an order for a Givi screen (D1132S) which I hope will make a reasonable difference.  Motorcycle Planet was cheaper than Givi UK, bizarrely.  If you (OP) are still looking when I've tried the new screen, I'll relate my experience with it on here.  On another thread, I see fink is about to do some screen reviews.

• Member Contributer

Or try a add-on screen, like my brother on his ST1100 Paneuropean...

IMG-20170428-WA0052_1_2.jpg

On 5/11/2018 at 5:56 PM, Dutchy said:

Or try a add-on screen, like my brother on his ST1100 Paneuropean...

IMG-20170428-WA0052_1_2.jpg

I'm sure that functions very well, but aesthetically?..  Perhaps it doesn't matter on a Pan...  I've just heard that 'my' screen is out of stock, and so I must wait some weeks for delivery 😞

Archived