Bay Area roll call ride 2018

jeffyjeff

• Member Contributer

Greetings all!  PM sent to all participants Wednesday 04/25/18 at 10:30 PM

Weather forecast for Saturday looks sketchy.  Yesterday's forecast was rain on north coast, today the forecast is drizzle.  Probably won't be unbearable, but likely the roads will be wet.  Sunday looks better, weather forecast wise, and maybe more enjoyable for everyone.  Let me know if you can accommodate the change.

Greg had to fly back east, and won't be able to make it this time. 

I will send a test text to the cell numbers I have from 2 years ago.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again this weekend.  (Sunday?)   Jeff  J.

• Member Contributer

UPDATE

The weather looks so nice now that I'm afraid I'll be sorry for believing the weatherman.  Nevertheless, I've already screwed this up for everybody's schedule once, and won't do it twice.

Updated ride group looks like this for the ride SUNDAY, April 29, 2018:

IN

jeffyjeff

BrianF

RC1237V

jlpvfr (meet on road between Gualala & Jenner)

MAYBE (probably?)

tjclyde

OUT

bayarearider

crazybro  (he got the job in Reno, CONGRATS!)

St. Stephen

We will meet at Starbucks, 260 Northgate Drive, San Rafael, 94903.  Kickstands up at 8:30AM.    Thanks,  Jeff J.

• Member Contributer

I did get the job in Reno but Sunday is a no go because of the wifey had plans... And I've got "little critter" duty.

New job in Reno starts on May 29... Will be living there as of that day. Will come back to Ca on days off until the new house is built and old house is sold😀

• Member Contributer
55 minutes ago, jeffyjeff said:

UPDATE

The weather looks so nice now that I'm afraid I'll be sorry for believing the weatherman.  Nevertheless, I've already screwed this up for everybody's schedule once, and won't do it twice.

Jeff, no worries, glad you called the ride. I'm a MAYBE--with my son and daughter-in-law in town I don't yet know what we're doing Sunday a.m.

37 minutes ago, crazybrother said:

New job in Reno starts on May 29... Will be living there as of that day. Will come back to Ca on days off until the new house is built and old house is sold😀

Hey G, retirement didn't last long! 

• Member Contributer

See you guys on Sunday....I usually ride with Greg, so I will have to find my way. At least I get to sleep in tomorrow!

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, St. Stephen said:

Jeff, no worries, glad you called the ride. I'm a MAYBE--with my son and daughter-in-law in town I don't yet know what we're doing Sunday a.m.

Hey G, retirement didn't last long! 

It's semi retirement... I will be working 7 on and 7 off for as long as the wife is furnishing the new house and then I can buy some more motorcycles without having to sell any. I'll post a pic of my new shop/garage...:)

Shop.JPG

• Member Contributer

Hey guys, I have to bail due to family obligations. Watch out for speed traps near the Nicasio reservoir! Here's a PCH photo from a couple weeks ago for inspiration:

IMG_3780.JPG

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, St. Stephen said:

Watch out for speed traps near the Nicasio reservoir! Here's a PCH photo from a couple weeks ago for inspiration:

No problem.  I saw "CHIPS".  You can get Police Officer's Association card that is sure to get you out of tickets.  Just waive the card and you're home free.  I'm heading down to WalMart to get one now!

• Member Contributer
18 hours ago, crazybrother said:

It's semi retirement... I will be working 7 on and 7 off for as long as the wife is furnishing the new house and then I can buy some more motorcycles without having to sell any. I'll post a pic of my new shop/garage...:)

Shop.JPG

Nice layout for the bike area - looks like someone needs to have a man-cave party to celebrate........once you get moved in of course.....

• Member Contributer

Just got a text from Brian and he's feeling a little under the weather; still no word from tjclyde.  Looking likely that just RC1237V and I will hook up at Starbucks, and meet jlpvfr enroute.   Not the first time that's happened,  Oh, well.   Kickstands up in 10 hours and 52 minutes.   

IN

jeffyjeff

RC1237V

jlpvfr (meet on road between Gualala & Jenner)

MAYBE (probably?)

tjclyde

OUT

bayarearider

crazybro  (he got the job in Reno, CONGRATS!)

St. Stephen

BrianF

We will meet at Starbucks, 260 Northgate Drive, San Rafael, 94903.  Kickstands up at 8:30AM.    Thanks,  Jeff J.

• Member Contributer

357 Miles - no accidents, breakdowns, or tickets......did not go all the way to 128. Flipped a U-turn at Gualala after getting gas and taking a break.  Had lunch in Jenner, and came back on 116 through Guerneville. Not too much traffic, and visibility was great! A bit chilly in the AM, but stellar as the day wore on.

• Member Contributer

Thanks for organizing the ride Jeff, too bad no one else could join us...............

• Member Contributer

Hahaha, check it out, at 5:30 I almost took out a turkey (or got taken out by him).....

• Member Contributer

Sorry to miss this ride, great video RC. Those turkey vultures don't move very fast when you catch them lunching on road kill!

That stretch from Pt. Reyes Station to Tomales is my favorite, especially if you catch it before all the rental Mustang convertibles show up. I'm ready for the next ride, thanks Jeff.

• Member Contributer

Thanks, Jim.  I had a great time despite the traffic.

The morning ride was great.  I especially like that section of Hwy 1 north of Jenner where it climbs up a bluff over the ocean and then back down through several hairpins.  By the time we got there the temperature had warmed up and the ride was shaping up nicely.  Just south of Gualala, though, it started to rain, and the sky north and east of there looked pretty dark.  We took half an hour in Gualala, and then decided to head back south over the bluff.  That's where the ride kind of unraveled (for me).  I don't think I'll post a Sunday ride again.  Why not?  Too many people out for a "Sunday drive". Reminded me of my youth on the Oregon coast; long strings of cars, motorhomes, and trailers with drivers that don't use pull-outs.  Jim blasted through that crap in short order, but I got stuck behind a butt-ass in a rust Dodge Ram who aggressively blocked my repeated attempts to pass.   I thought to myself "this guy's crazy!"  and plodded along for 12 miles or so.  Call me chicken, but the way that guy handled his truck was frightening.

We ate at the River's End in Jenner, then headed east on Hwy 116.  That road has potential, but at 3:00 PM on a balmy Sunday afternoon, a lot of folks were out taking in the sights.  By the time we got to 101, there was 10 miles (give or take) of lane splitting through Petaluma before the traffic opened up.   10 hours 5 minutes, door to door;  301 miles for me.  It was nice to wind out that boxer a little bit, though.

Now that Junior is back to work, I got obligations overseas that need my attention.  May 12 looks like my last opportunity for a ride of any distance until November.  I'd be happy to post up another ride if there is any interest.  Wentworth and Icehouse worth a damn in mid May?  PM me if you're interested.   

Sorry this didn't work out for most of you, thanks for past good times and looking forward to more.

Jeff J.

P4290346.JPG

P4290349.JPG

Sorry I missed this one guys! Sounds fun. Barely got myself together to catch my flight Monday morning so good thing I didn't push it.

Archived