Replacement Part Questions

kylrmassey

Apparently someone tipped over my 2007 in a parking lot today while I was inside an establishment. The clutch lever is bent and the left side hard bags and front cowl are scratched up. Does anyone have any recommendation on aftermarket levers or a good way to go about repairing the damages on the plastics?

• Member Contributer

This happened to me last year but the person who did was stopped and was forced to own up to what he did. Total repair cost was almost $3k! Broken mirror, bent front sub frame, left side panel and front cowl and wind shield were the core of the damages. His insurance did cover it but still a bummer to have to deal with it.

As far as levers, I’m a fan of ASV levers, for a few reasons. One, their quality is good, their adjustability is good and they claim to be unbreakable. So far, on all three bikes,(all have the ASV levers), came out pretty much intactafter a drop and/or low side. Well apart from scratches and a bent perch on the low sided bike, the levers did not break or bend though.

Archived