Need Favor - Pics of OEM 6th Gen ABS Preload

carlitos92

• Member Contributer

Hey there.  Currently reassembling my bike again after replacing the shock with a DMr-massaged unit last year, which worked great until I mis-routed the remote preload adjuster hose.  It wore through and leaked its oil out the back of the bike, which turned me into a low-rider but could have been worse.  Trying not to make the same mistake twice.

So, thanks in advance for posting, linking, or PMing any pics of how the OEM preload adjuster hose is routed.  I did look at the manual, and there's a mostly unhelpful illustration.  I am at the point of re-installing the rear fender and want to confirm what the hose is under/above/around.

Cheers.

-c92

• Member Contributer

c92, here are some shots from the remote shock adjust hose (highlighted in yellow) routing on my '09 VTec. Sorry I couldn't show the termination at the shock. These show the hose at the preload knob, then going past the rear brake reservoir.  Hope this helps.

6th_gen_remote.jpg

• Member Contributer

Thanks so much guys. Helps a LOT. Looking forward to getting this thing back on the road this weekend.  Cheers. 

3 hours ago, Lorne said:

c92, here are some shots from the remote shock adjust hose routing on my '09 VTec. Sorry I couldn't show the termination at the shock. These show the hose at the preload knob, then going past the rear brake reservoir.  Hope this helps.

6th_gen_remote.jpg

2 hours ago, manoil said:

Just removed mine and it does run just behind the proportioning valve and rear reservoir.

• Member Contributer

Well, I can see now that it is impossible to see the front half of this hose with the rear fender in.  In any case, I have the bike back together, with reservations...

For whatever reason, I do not have enough slack to run the hose like yours is routed, Lorne.  I think it has to do with what is happening forward of the reservoir for me.  I was replacing my brake lines when I had the shock off before, and I may have gotten one under where the preload hose is supposed to run.  I'll be damned if I'm going to disconnect a brake line just to make my bike have an OEM preload hose routing, haha.

Thanks again.

Archived