Custom Paint Job options - black and gold?

TylerDurdenK

I'm seriously thinking about a custom paint job on my 98 VFR800. It's currently Red but I've completely stripped it all down for cleaning and repairs. 

I like the idea of a black and gold theme. Mainly black fairing with gold wheels, bar ends, fork lowers and decals. 

Has this been done before? 

• Member Contributer

Being an admirer of the Lotus marque, when I saw the thread title I thought, "like a Lotus JPS?"  Imagine my surprise when I saw the tail section... Nice!

• Member Contributer

Just a heads up about custom colors, and it doesn't really make much difference on an older bike like ours,

but it kills resale value in most cases. Just a thought.

1 hour ago, RC1237V said:

Not mine, but found in a google search. 

Pretty much where I want to ultimately go with mine.

I get the crappy resale value of re-painted bikes, hence why I was thinking of removing (and carefully storing) the OEM plastics and tank, and buying black Chinese fairings and a black tank, and affixing some custom-made gold decals to it...

Problem is, everything I read about the Chines plastics suggests that they're crap.

Might need to build a collection of lightly rashed OEM plastics and get the whole lot professionally resprayed...

• 6 months later...
  • Member Contributer
On 4/4/2018 at 3:11 PM, Egg on Leggs said:

Totally different bike but the coach lining does set it off.

280139_full.jpg

Gorgeous!

• Member Contributer
On 10/20/2018 at 2:45 PM, Marooncobra said:

Hi

what mirrors have you got fitted to that fine machine and did you need adaptors?

I posted below the pic, that is is not my bike, and I found it on a google search. I think OP was looking for black bikes with gold wheels....but they look like 3rd Gen mirrors, and those stupid condoms over the stalks are a pain in the ass. I changed mine out to a later mirror.

Archived