Nicky Hayden To Be Remembered In Misano With A Garden

• Member Contributer

Cool. At Laguna Seca, they have a huge #69 on the side of the hill just before the final turn to the start/finish line.

• Member Contributer
5 minutes ago, Duc2V4 said:

Cool. At Laguna Seca, they have a huge #69 on the side of the hill just before the final turn to the start/finish line.

Gotta get there  ...

• Member Contributer

My first motogp outside of the U.S., Mugello June 4, 2017. Crummy pic (but I took it!) of the whole paddock in a minute of silence for Nicky. Look closely and you can see most of the stars as well as the KentuckyKid monument. Geez, why him?

IMG_3090.JPG

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, Switchblade said:

Gotta get there  ...

Definitely worth the trip...

41223538781_06dcb413de_k.jpg

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, bayarearider said:

What a story. If that dont make your eyes water nothing will  ...

• Member Contributer

nice article,my wife got his signature at Silverstone and she was polite in asking him for it and she said he was 'so nice and very polite' and I think she was a bit smitten by him

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, scottbott said:

nice article,my wife got his signature at Silverstone and she was polite in asking him for it and she said he was 'so nice and very polite' and I think she was a bit smitten by him

I spent a couple of years looking for the right leather jacket with his number on it , found it like 6 months before his death, the plan was to get him to sign it.

Me.jpeg

• Member Contributer
On 4/3/2018 at 11:58 AM, Switchblade said:

Switchblade, thank you for posting this. You made me go back and watch (again...) Valencia 2006 on the motogp.com site. VR crashes, NH69 is the world champion. I'm pretty sure that it was early that morning that Nicky made his bargain with the devil. At least he got another 11 years in the deal.

Nicky's lap after the checkered flag is just awesome. At one point he stops with some Spaniards on the track, they hug him and hold his bike, and he just breaks down, goes to his knees and cries. Then park ferme, Tommy, Roger Lee, mom and dad. A true champion. 

I saw Nicky race in AMA Superbike, motogp, and WSBK. I'm sorry I took it all for granted. 

Archived