Thanks guys

Cast was removed last Tuesday. Public hospital system in its infinite and universal access has provided me with zero rehab. So I'm rubbing my own creams in and basically just gradually incrementing use and elevating the foot and massaging and stretching myself.

I have been "walking" on the cast since I saw a check-up X-ray 3 weeks ago that showed the bone virtually knitted, in order for the "activity" to stimulate osteo- and miogenesis and to try and get some homework done ahead of time in terms of weight bearing and muscle mass and strength and such while I still had the support of an immobilizing cast. The break is/was in a place which is not critical to weight bearing or anything as such and with the cast on it wasn't breaking again.

Now my ankle is dealing with all the soft tissue damage (sprain)... whose healing process has basically been put on hold due to the immobilization. It's amazing how much flexibility, strength, neurological control you lose if you don't use it... hehehe. Yet I'm getting up and getting it up... I still need a month or so to get back to full flex and strength. Cabin fever was setting in big time and the sun is shining and weather is sweet here on The Med... so frustrating.

I was hoping to go pick up the bike the weekend of the 22nd - 24th of this month as the guy whose garage it's in is holding his annual national VFR (and sundry) MC club meet, but it's just that smidgin too soon to be handling 215kg of motorcycle.

7 weeks starved of light and kept macerating in one's own sweat in a closed cast does wonders for one's skin!!

50976250189a0392278eef8aa981bbfd.jpg&key=0ca6fc6b9d695f8aeea5b94da44064a6d2e327212968a957909f0212e498b7c771bb480ade8e8d6adc68d79384c67136.jpg&key=196ae61797e71d73a91d13e25e76f750f200740ec18a2db2476adb6ca984642398d77dd61550a29c77808e8848dbc54f.jpg&key=ef646e9e7a0fb5d38fb8bcbcba28c4d162627e8c403bec71bf341f120b69e9d9

Now if I had access to Dr Costa and the Clínica Mobile...

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Auspanglish said:

Now if I had access to Dr Costa and the Clínica Mobile...

We had to go there for the pre-ride check&waiver sign-off at the Assen MotoGP.

My wife was faking loads of issues as to stay with the latino doctors as long as she could... :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Nice photos, and sorry to hear about your incident and resulting crunch.

I was over there, in Spain, in 2002 with Andy and a couple guys. It was pretty good riding, but really a little too

late in the year for great riding, too cool and rainy mostly. But still had fun.

Nice photos, and sorry to hear about your incident and resulting crunch.

I was over there, in Spain, in 2002 with Andy and a couple guys. It was pretty good riding, but really a little too
late in the year for great riding, too cool and rainy mostly. But still had fun.

Spain has awesome seemingly endless motorcycle riding options

• Member Contributer

Glad to hear things are on the up, do keep posting on your progress.

Although I have ridden in southern Spain, I know I really need to do some exploring of the rest of the country, at some point!

Archived