Power Commander V and Auto Tune install

elfreako

Has anyone installed a PCV and Auto Tune on the 1200 yet? I'm curious if I need to weld a bung hole for the O2 sensor, or if I could remove the stock ones installed and use them instead. I'm not too sure if there's a size difference, hence why I'm asking.

Obviously it would be great if I could use the already existing hole. I don't feel like going to a muffler joint to have someone cut one for me.

• Member Contributer
On 3/28/2018 at 10:39 AM, elfreako said:

Has anyone installed a PCV and Auto Tune on the 1200 yet? I'm curious if I need to weld a bung hole for the O2 sensor, or if I could remove the stock ones installed and use them instead. I'm not too sure if there's a size difference, hence why I'm asking.

Obviously it would be great if I could use the already existing hole. I don't feel like going to a muffler joint to have someone cut one for me.

I had two done on my 5 Gen catless headers so I could use the auto tune feature of my Rapid Bike module. It cost me $40 for two bungs to be put on. Although it would depend on where the bungs need to go, as the headers I brought in were off the bike, I’d imagine it wouldn’t be too painful for them to do.

• 3 weeks later...

Found this on the Power Commander website: http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/products/AutoTune/powercommander_autotune.aspx

"  To use these kits your exhaust must have an 18mm bung installed "

And came across the following from the service manual, which I'm hoping should be accurate and fit. All I would need to do would be to close up one of the holes once fitted.

Capture1.JPG.dd4101470a392d085d530a9f76590879.JPGCapture.JPG.e615ecf6b38b0616b13a9dc840d55a68.JPG

• Member Contributer

I think the OEM sensors are located in the two collectors, so using one of those positions would not give you readings from the whole engine.  That's usually the case, anyway.

Ciao,

Archived