Dyna Beads

Reynolds

It's finally going to warm up in NC.  Just ordered a new set of Michelin Pilot Roads 2's.  What are your thoughts on Dyna Beads?  I have no experience with these but I hear they are the way to go. Opinions?

• Member Contributer

From what I've read as long as you keep your speeds low, 75 mph and under, you'll be fine. Several people who have tried them complain of very noticeable

vibration above normal highway speeds.

Do yourself a favor and use regular weights, a proven solution.

I have used them in my 7th gen since I bought it.  I go well over 75mph every time I ride, with many, many visits into triple digits.  The bike is smooth, stable, confidence inspiring at any speed.  I have had zip, zilch, zero episodes of any level of vibration or instability.

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, VFROr said:

I have used them in my 7th gen since I bought it.  I go well over 75mph every time I ride, with many, many visits into triple digits.  The bike is smooth, stable, confidence inspiring at any speed.  I have had zip, zilch, zero episodes of any level of vibration or instability.

I have to agree as my 7th generation has been rock solid since switching to the Dyna beads.

• 2 weeks later...

Does any motorcycle manufacturer install beads from the factory? I don't think so.

Beads in an orbiting sphere is an inaccurate equation and contradictory to mechanical physics for a rotating mass.

Best balance will be a stationary ballast weight at the "center" of a wheel.

Here is my experience with them...

A couple of guys visiting the area come to the house for tires. One says when he gets to 70mph the bars feel like they are going to jump out of his hands.

I asked who balanced his front tire. Dyna-beads...

What I found, he was low on air and went to Mom and Pop's C-store in downtown BFE and filled up with air.

There was moisture in the air from the pump. This moisture stuck together the Dyna-beads into Dyna-clumps.

I cleaned out his tire and remounted it, then computer balanced it.

Problem solved. Now they are return tire buyers.

I have not used them. One benefit of owning two computer balancers.

Archived