Paul from Tennessee

Robborboy

Hey there everyone,

Finally a VFR owner after lusting for one for many years. Been riding for 7 years. Been through a Nighthawk 250, Ninja 500, Z750s, Nighthawk 650(still own), Shadow Spirit 1100(still own), Ninja 650, FZ-07(still own), (another)Z750S, and now my VFR800. 

Picked up my new shiny white 2015 VFR800 Deluxe with 0 miles on the odometer on a whim yesterday. And dropped it within 48 hours of having it. Ouch. 

Was making a u turn because the driveway was blocked and my boot slipped out from under me at the stop sign on some sand. It was a controlled fall at a stand still. Was able to keep her at about a 30 degree angle to the ground but there was no way I was pulling her back up. 

Gently laid her on the side with only minimal scratches on the stock exhaust cover(being replaced anyway), mirror, brake lever, and the ribs that are on the side of the clutch cover that you barely notice(all the more reason to justify SebSpeed's clear clutch cover mod. Absolutely zero damage to any plastics which was my only real concern. Didn't really know it came from factory at the whopping highest seat height of 31.8". After lowering it to the more sane for my height 31", even barefoot(sitting in the driveway. ATGATT and all that) I feel like had I lowered it sooner I would have never dropped her.

A little disappointed with how limited with aftermarket is and the lack of even a full exhaust system, but I'm happy to have a version of my dream bike.

20180322_170931_-_Copy.jpg

20180323_180734_-_Copy.jpg

20180323_180745_-_Copy.jpg

20180323_180756_-_Copy.jpg

Welcome and nice looking bike.  I have never had a white bike but would like to someday.  Laying our bike down is always a disappointment whether brand new, or old, but at least you have that out of the way!  Great state you live in.  I lived in Kingsport for a year back in the 70's.  Pretty country and real nice folks. 

My bike had a driveway tip (previous owner) and had the same results. I used my rotary tool and a file to file of the powder coating on all of the fins so that it looks factory.

Welcome to VFRD. You should check out the SpringRide thread and come join us in Franklin. I pass through Cleveland on my way every year.

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum. That is one beautiful machine and a great addition to your impressive quiver of machines.

+1 on Sweeper's invitation to The SpringRide. It's a gas.

9 hours ago, EagleSix said:

Welcome and nice looking bike.  I have never had a white bike but would like to someday.  Laying our bike down is always a disappointment whether brand new, or old, but at least you have that out of the way!  Great state you live in.  I lived in Kingsport for a year back in the 70's.  Pretty country and real nice folks. 

I absolutely love the white. It was a huge disappointment. But atleast it was at a dead stand still and I laid it down how I wanted to. It is nice here. I routinely hit up Cherohala Skyway and the Dragon because I'm just so close. Atleast I did manage to avoid what almost happened the day I pick her up on my way back home from the dealership. 

8 hours ago, Sweeper said:

My bike had a driveway tip (previous owner) and had the same results. I used my rotary tool and a file to file of the powder coating on all of the fins so that it looks factory.

Welcome to VFRD. You should check out the SpringRide thread and come join us in Franklin. I pass through Cleveland on my way every year.

I'm really thinking about going with the clear clutch cover if I can find that the OEM gold paint cant be matched perfectly. And I may check it out. Just depends on if I can get off from work or not. 

7 hours ago, MaxSwell said:

Welcome to the asylum. That is one beautiful machine and a great addition to your impressive quiver of machines.

+1 on Sweeper's invitation to The SpringRide. It's a gas.

Thank you! And yes she is. If I'm being honest the reason I've wound up with so many is because the wife would never let me pull the trigger on my dream bike (read: VFR). She out of the picture now so here I am. Probably will clear out the rest of the stable while I'm at it too. 

Archived