Dynojet Power Commander V installed

Corrugated

Hi guys,

Just a quick update after installing my PCV the other day.  Install took a couple hours total, well worth the upgrade in my opinion :).  My butt-dyno can feel the extra few HP and torque across the board and the VTEC transition is smoother again.  Fuel consumption will most likely be slightly more, as to be expected, but not enough to negate the whole of the improvements.  Bike mods include the usual: Delkevic slip on, quick shifter, final drive gear change to come in the future.  I used the map that Dynojet has on their site and it works just fine.  Mucho recommended!

:0

I have a 2014 VFR800F, I have been considering getting a PC V. I am not sure what kind of improvement I would be getting. What is the expected improvement?  

• Member Contributer

Rodento .... You should check out the Rapid Bike fuelling modules, there was group purchase of these on VFRworld although several chose the Racing option which allows autoblipper, quickshifter and removal of rev limit, etc

I've got an Evo fitted to mine and there's a noticeable low/ mid-range boost, smoother pick up, etc ... 

The installation involves undoing 2 plugs and putting the RB harness in, the harness is a real quality item with all plugs labelled 

You can plug it into a PC or leave it in self learning mode, which is what mine is in

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/3/2018 at 7:25 PM, Thumbs said:

Rodento .... You should check out the Rapid Bike fuelling modules, there was group purchase of these on VFRworld although several chose the Racing option which allows autoblipper, quickshifter and removal of rev limit, etc

I've got an Evo fitted to mine and there's a noticeable low/ mid-range boost, smoother pick up, etc ... 

The installation involves undoing 2 plugs and putting the RB harness in, the harness is a real quality item with all plugs labelled 

You can plug it into a PC or leave it in self learning mode, which is what mine is in

Hola, he mirado los mapas standar de inyección del power commander, y desde mi punto de vista (vfr 800 rc79 europea), no me queda claro que sus valores sean todos negativos (mezcla pobre), pues con la normativa anticontaminación la ECU suele dar mezcla pobre (evidar hidrocarburos, monóxido de carbono y mantener una temperatura de funcionamiento no excesiva para evitar el óxido de nitrógeno), (lenta en combustión, sin embargo, los mapas standar de la rapid bike dan parámetros positivos, es decir, mezcla rica, vamos se contradicen, a todo ello añadir, que según comportamiento y estructura del motor, opino que desde las 2000 RPM hasta las 7000RPM, ni habría que quitarle gasolina o muy poco (daño motor exceso alta temperaturas), ni añadirle más de un 1% sobre el rango de gasolina de 5000 rpm a 7000rpm (estrechez una sola válvula de salida de gases quemados ,si se exceden en añadir combustible el par motor se reducirá), y con un avance de encendido de un máximo de 2 grados ( ya que la relación de compresión del motor es alta) , teniendo en cuenta que despues de las 7000 se duplica la admisión de aire, de gasolina y salidas de gases, por lo que, no es necesario tocar nada.

Saludos.

Disculpen por no escribir en Ingles, pues a penas lo entiendo cuando lo leo.

• Member Contributer

Translated .....fwiw

Hello, I have looked at the standard injection maps of the power commander, and from my point of view (vfr 800 rc79 European), it is not clear to me that their values are all negative (poor mix), because with the anti-pollution regulations the ECU usually gives poor mixture (avoid hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide and maintain a non-excessive operating temperature to avoid nitrogen oxide), (slow in combustion, however, the standard maps of the rapid bike give positive parameters, that is, rich mixture, we are contradicting, to all this to add, that according to behavior and structure of the engine, I think that from 2000 RPM to 7000RPM, we would not have to take gasoline or very little (excessive engine damage high temperatures), nor add more than 1% over the range of gasoline from 5000 rpm to 7000rpm (narrowing a single outlet valve burned gas, if you exceed in adding fuel the torque will be reduced), and with an ignition advance of a maximum of 2 degrees (since the compression ratio of the engine is high), taking into account that after 7000 the air intake, gasoline and gas outputs are doubled, so, it is not necessary to touch anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Guys,  

I am looking to bump up my power.  Thinking of going with pc v, delkevic full system.  Rear sprocket and chain as well.  Just wondering if the extra 300 is worth it for the full, in terms of cat removal for the extra bump?  Any suggestions would really help.  

• Member Contributer

Rhino, I'm not sure about the Delkevic full system for 8th gens, but for 5th and 6th gens, the Delkevic collector is a box with headers dumping into it - no engineering for flow or performance. The Delkevic is generally an option for replacing rotted-out exhaust systems. It is not a performance solution, though it weighs less and may flow better than stock catalytic converter headers.

Archived