8g intake runners

CVFR

I’ve read that Honda lengthened the intake runners but have seen no pics to compare them to the 6g bike. Could someone post a pic or better yet a comparison of the two? How responsible is this change for the greater torque at lower rpms? Is this also a major contributor to the higher mpg compared to the 6g bike?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum from the Land Of Low Weather Expectations. We'd all love to see a picture of your machine.

Sorry I can't answer your question.

I'll try to post few pics of my 6g bike. I asked the questions above because I really like the 8g. I've been making/planning mods to my 6g and realize that at some point I'm trying to turn it into an 8g. I've replaced the dual under seat mufflers with a single lower one, have some ideas to lighten the subframe, etc. I've ridden the newer CB500s and was really impressed with the smooth fueling and economy. Reading 8g reviews others also highlight the smooth fueling and higher mpg. Just wanted to see how Honda increased torque in the lower rpm and got better mpg. So, though I've read about the longer intakes no review has ever published a picture of these. Are they just longer tubes in the same size air box? 

Longer intake funnel, reworked header, changed valve timing, changed ignition timing, increase compression ratio, changed fuel injection map.

That's all the modifications on the engine of the 8 gen.

Check my topic for more informations.

Archived