May sell my '14

Tews19

I've owned my 2014 for a little less then a year and I'm thinking it may be time to sell. Not for any other reason other then my kids are beyond keeping me busy. I'm in WI, bought the bike for 8k out the door with the unlimited mileage warranty for 5 years. I am hoping some here would chime in on an asking price? The bike has no damage and has roughly 1800 miles. Only mod I have done is the risers.  

• Member Contributer

So..........................

how are you planning to keep sane without am motorcycle??  :unsure:

Don't know if this helps but i bought a used 2014 deluxe just before Christmas with ~4900 miles with bar risers and frame sliders for $6200...5 yr/unlimited warranty should be worth at least $500 (at least to me), just to give you an idea of what is available and current pricing available.

4 hours ago, Dutchy said:

I come from the CB's originally and I like to build bikes more then anything. Also last summer every one of my kids picked up fishing which kept us busy almoat everyday. 

On 3/3/2018 at 12:53 PM, Dutchy said:

I come from the CB's originally and I like to build bikes more then anything. Also last summer every one of my kids picked up fishing which kept us busy almoat everyday. 

It's a base model. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. The wife is telling me to keep, my kids are saying "get a boat". 

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Tews19 said:

The wife is telling me to keep,

Clever wife, sounds like a keeper..... :beer:

• Member Contributer

Rent a

B-reak

O-ut 

A-nother 

T-housand 

when you feel like getting out on the water. Do the same for a motorhome, if that should ever pop up on your radar. 

Keep the bike. You’ll regret ever selling it. Those 1800mi have been miles of enjoyment you can’t get from anything else. 

On 3/3/2018 at 10:53 AM, Dutchy said:

They're coming to take me away ho ho, ha ha, he he!

To the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time, and I'll be so happy to see those strong young men in their clean white coats.   :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Indeed Lee,

one must be clinically insane to give up one's motorcycle.... :goofy:

• Member Contributer
19 hours ago, VFR4Lee said:

They're coming to take me away ho ho, ha ha, he he!

To the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time, and I'll be so happy to see those strong young men in their clean white coats.   :goofy:

For those who don't know the reference...

• Member Contributer

Well, if your are in SE Wisconsin I don't think you will get very much.  There are a few dealerships that always seem to have brand-new old stock base VFRs for around 7k.  There is a red '14 with no miles at Cedar Creek Motorsports in Cedarburg that is asking $6987.  I'm not sure what the warranty is worth, depends if the buyer plans to modify or not.  Not to sound pessimistic, but I would expect you to get about $6k, maybe more if the buyer thinks the warranty is worth it. 

3 hours ago, Rectaltronics said:

For those who don't know the reference...

Thanks to Dr Demento. :laugh:

• Member Contributer

Get the boat and keep the bike.  Dutchy is right.  The 8th gen. standard is the best gen. yet (arguably, and I won't) and has shown no chronic electrical problems yet.  Oh, damn, it's 6 mph slower on top end......

• 2 months later...

If you haven't DON'T! I'm in a similar boat, family 3 kids and one on the way in a few weeks. That idea entered twice and I know I'll regret it if I sell my '14. Even my wife tells me the same thing, listen to the woman.

• Member Contributer

I bought my '99 new off the showroom floor in December of that year.  It's rarely ridden now and has a prominent place in my garage. Like yours, it's in pristine condition (never ridden in rain, dropped, etc).  Except for the 2 Bros. exhaust and polished wheels, it's bone stock (even the air filter element).    Even though I haven't ridden it much in recent years, I know there's no way I can replace it so it's NFS.  Keep it and remind yourself of the good time you have (will) have with it.  They're only new once. 

23 minutes ago, Cogswell said:

I bought my '99 new off the showroom floor in December of that year.  It's rarely ridden now and has a prominent place in my garage. Like yours, it's in pristine condition (never ridden in rain, dropped, etc).  Except for the 2 Bros. exhaust and polished wheels, it's bone stock (even the air filter element).    Even though I haven't ridden it much in recent years, I know there's no way I can replace it so it's NFS.  Keep it and remind yourself of the good time you have (will) have with it.  They're only new once. 

That's pretty much how mine has been, bought new for a sweet deal last July. Only has 850 miles on it now, hell it still hasn't been registered properly due to moving twice this year. But she sits looking pretty and brings a smile to my face everytime I start it up and look at her. I know at some point I'll spend more time on it, and since they're no longer being sold it's a bit of a collectible ;). 

Archived