VFRD now worky thanks!!

I'm not seeing the pics peeps post when perusing using Tapatalk on my smartphone. In fact I can't even get VFRD to work on my smartphone internet browser and can only see people's text on tapatalk.

So I've tried all the tricks this old dog knows:

Wiping cookies, browsing history and all other things wipeable.

Updating versions of both tapatalk and web browser.

Clicking out and signing back in.

Turning phone off and back on again.

Checked out set up options in case images were not to download automatically to save megas (but should get option to click on them and download manually and don't).

The other forums I frequent work fine, both on tapatalk and web browser.

Any suggestions?

HS do you have a rabbit up your sleeve or a card in your hat?

56f2f8c902185ccdc5e92aaa05a73010.jpg6cb5ca948c3d2bde245aef9989d844ae.jpg

Just checked, I can see my own images.

In fact I can see some other people's images as well, if I'm not wrong it's ones they might have uploaded to a VFRD gallery that I can't visualize? Is that possible?

• Member Contributer

It's down to the site having an untrusted certificate issuer. Symantec did some bad stuff & a bunch of browser makers including Google said they would ban Symantec certs. So Symantec sold their cert business to Digicert, but any issued certs still carry Symantec as the CA & that is NO longer trusted, so it barf's in many browsers !

My iphone has been having issues with Tapatalk the last two days. I thought it was my home wifi but that was not the case. It's been so slow that I've given up and gone to my desktop.

It's down to the site having an untrusted certificate issuer. Symantec did some bad stuff & a bunch of browser makers including Google said they would ban Symantec certs. So Symantec sold their cert business to Digicert, but any issued certs still carry Symantec as the CA & that is NO longer trusted, so it barf's in many browsers !
I did get the certificate warning and selected "enter at own risk" or whatever the wording was.

So I just have to suck the pus?

Well I have downloaded an alternative browser (Firefox) onto the smartphone and created a permanent exception to the certificate issue and can visualize all images. Using Firefox to write this.

Pity about not being able to see it all on tapatalk as it's so much easier faster and convenient to use for forums.

• Member Contributer

Don't know if this is related, and I've read nothing on the forum about this, other than this thread, but I've had trouble accessing VFRD recently. The site was down for several days last week, confirmed to me by a m8 who is also a member here and just now the browser timed out several times trying to reach here. I've had no cert warnings. Could be a local issue I know, but seems strange, especially last weeks outage with no mention of it when the site came back up.

• Member Contributer

Well as this is what I work at I was gonna raise it with the site mod, but thought he'd work it out & get it sorted. All down to Google & co getting their knickers in a twist & effectively over reacting. Yes Symantec broke rules, but you just needed them to agree to correct that, not to sink the pooch on all the valid certs that were not dodgy :( Such is life, won't belong before calls for breaking up google come along, they are way to big in the internet space & way too secretive & manipulative, like why do I have to recomfirm my search options every minute, when I say OPT OUT I mean OPT OUT FOREVER Google !  Unfortunately there are no other search engines that don't follow Google models & steal all your PII for their own use, it should NOT be permitted.  But hey the rest of the world will catch on hopefully sooner rather than later :(

• Member Contributer

Thanks HS, I imagine it was a royal pain in the ass to sort this out. We all appreciate your efforts to keep this site afloat.

On 3/1/2018 at 6:58 AM, Skids said:

Don't know if this is related, and I've read nothing on the forum about this, other than this thread, but I've had trouble accessing VFRD recently. The site was down for several days last week, confirmed to me by a m8 who is also a member here and just now the browser timed out several times trying to reach here. I've had no cert warnings. Could be a local issue I know, but seems strange, especially last weeks outage with no mention of it when the site came back up.

Me too -- I've been curious as to what the reason was, and I can't find any mention of it! Maybe it was local, as we're both in the UK?

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, HareBrain said:

Me too -- I've been curious as to what the reason was, and I can't find any mention of it! Maybe it was local, as we're both in the UK?

I've been struggling on the work PC as well as the home laptop.

Archived