Uncut key needed

Skids

• Member Contributer

I recently bought a 45 litre Honda top box. It came off a 2008 Transalp. The key is an ignition key, part # 35121-MFJ-D00, which also fit a range of other bikes from that time. Because it has a transponder for the HISS ignition in it, Honda want £41 for an uncut replacement but I don't need the transponder, just the key bit. So far I have not been able to find a supplier for the key.

Does anyone know where I can source a replacement, transponder not required?

Thanks.

• Member Contributer

Did your case come w/o keys?

Does the lock barrel look like this 6th gen/GIVI?

It came off a spare case I used for redslut's Baltic tour, so I will gladly mail it.

IMAG9855.thumb.jpg.3ae9253b2d5f632317cf918028be5712.jpgIMAG9854.thumb.jpg.bb2c406f07b3c744b8c0b20c4aad7e26.jpg

Unless you simply want 1 key to fit all..... :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Without the transponder chip, it's just a key blank, so I'm sure you will find it eventually.  But it could be a long, frustrating search.  Maybe find the US-equivalent?  US bikes never got HISS, so there are no transponder keys.  But, they also didn't get the 2008 Transalp, so that may not be of much help!  

FWIW, the pannier keys on my ST1300 use the ignition key (but the topbox uses a GiVi key--like the one shown by Dutchy above).  I know that many Pan European owners have made cut-down pannier keys, which they leave in the panniers (because using the actual, fragile ignition key in the pannier locks is a pain in the arse).  It is likely, therefore, that UK Pan owners have shared information about the key blank that fits in lock cylinders very likely to be similar to yours, so ask around.  Good luck.

Ciao,

Archived