Anybody sporting a Zero Gravity SR series windscreen on VFR

VFR80025th

When I decided to buy my VFR I new I was buying used and there would be some wear and tear. 

MY bike at 14,000kms when I bought it looked virtually new with brand new Pilot road 4s.

When people see it they think I just bought it brand new.

Previous owner kept it clean but after I got my hands on it I raised it a level and detailed the bike to concours level of

cleanliness. Now that the bike looks flawless I now I want it even more perfect and want to change out my windscreen (Surface scratched from cleaning with abrasive towels etc) to a brand new OEM or Zero Gravity SER series.   LOL.

OEM is $180 Can and sport SR series in $135

Is anybody sporting a ZG SR series shield on their VFR  How is the fit and quality. It does not look as thick as the OEM.

I know I'm obsessive but i want the bike as perfect as I can get it. To me its new.

Thxs

• Member Contributer

I have one on my 5 Gen and it fits well and looks good, however the thickness of the plastic appears to be a bit thin but no issues with fitment or failure. I bought mine from their eBay outlet store, not sure if these are "seconds", imperfection items, closeouts or what have you but you do save some money and I have no issues with the one I bought.

• 4 months later...
On 2/27/2018 at 4:35 AM, Cogswell said:

I have a ZG screen on my 6th gen.  Fit seems fine to me and about as solid as oem.  Photos are in my gallery. 

@Cogswell. The ZG screen you have seems to be exactly what I'm looking for. I have the 08 800 ABS and currently experiencing terrible buffeting with my height being 6"2. Would you have the product specific name available? Thanks and much appreciated

• Member Contributer

I tried installing a ZG screen ~5 years ago and at that time many people were having trouble with fitment (breaking tabs) during installation.  Same thing happened for me (they replaced it and I sold it).  I went with a Puig screen and love it (no fitment issues and does a decent job of wind management).  The ZG screen is more of a smoke color and the Puig is more of a dark ink color.  Just my $0.02.  

2 hours ago, RRM said:

I tried installing a ZG screen ~5 years ago and at that time many people were having trouble with fitment (breaking tabs) during installation.  Same thing happened for me (they replaced it and I sold it).  I went with a Puig screen and love it (no fitment issues and does a decent job of wind management).  The ZG screen is more of a smoke color and the Puig is more of a dark ink color.  Just my $0.02.  

But does wind hit you in the forehead or what?

• Member Contributer
59 minutes ago, Urbanengineer said:

But does wind hit you in the forehead or what?

I have a ZG Double Bubble on my 5th Gen and am 6'2". The wind does hit me in the helmet when I am sitting all the way up, but it isn't very noticeable unless I am at freeway speeds and even then it doesn't bother me much. I try to avoid riding slab if at all possible, but usually I just get a little lower and that solves it. For what it is worth, I am used to riding naked bikes however, so my tolerance for buffeting may differ a bit. I would be curious if a touring screen really made much difference for me, but probably not enough to buy one to find out.

• Member Contributer

Team VFR, I have tried a bunch of the aftermarket screens.  MRA vario-touring.  Spoiler screen.  Finally tried the Zero Gravity touring screen and it is by far the best.  I'm 6'2.  The air flow management is so much better with this I wish I ordered it out of the gate.  And it looks nice on the bike too. 🙂 Highly recommended.  No issues on quality or thickness either. 

Archived