Exhaust options

I have a 95 VFR 750. Currently it has a V&H muffler. Sounds good but I want it to be louder. I was thinking about a shorty muffler. I am concerned about proper back pressure. I don’t want to decrease performance or cause harm to the engine. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. 

• Member Contributer

Welcome Poop to VFRD!

Replacing the OEM I can relate to as it is very very quiet. But how much more than an V&H do you need? It might have a removeable db-killer.

Loud pipes donot save lives, they merely piss off the neighbourhood...

Colin_Edwards_Finger-thumb-415x289-4126.jpg.2bc25a8e5cb9a2dd29e5c40ddf997d34.jpg

But, w/o a picture of your bike, we donot know if you are a mirage or not....  :tongue:

Why shorty if you can go regular size for better sound?

herfst2_zps8c5c12e1.thumb.jpg.f39a48b0418aa177196d2ab48da7d267.jpg

I like loud exhaust. I want other drivers to know I’m there. I get cut off on a regular. Not looking to piss off the neighbors. I’ve had a few bikes over the years and I used to participate in track days (NESBA) But im not mechanically inclined in regards to motorcycles. I had a inlaw that managed the service dept at the local Honda shop take care of my bikes (divorced now haha) I don’t know anything about a db-killer. If a shorty muffler isn’t my best option I am open to suggestions. I did upload a pic of my VFR. But I will try to upload another. Thanks. 

CE9FB957-1B6B-4D98-A147-FD04CC50E116.jpeg

34CDB824-ED09-43C3-9F71-AED9264F476F.jpeg