Howdy from Texas!

BassNotBass

Hi VFRD,

I just got a 2008 VFR800 last week. I'm coming from an FZ6. Things have already become pretty intimate between us. Thank you for all of the information on this forum that has been exceedingly helpful in restoring this bike to a better condition.

So far I've:

• replaced both tires, they were rife with dry rot
  • removed and drained the fuel tank. bad gas from sitting
  • replaced air filter
  • oil/filter change
  • removed a Givi Wingrack II. Its utility is great but it's hideous. I'm looking in to adding a V35 system like I have on my FZ6.
  • added in an relayed accessory circuit
  • installed a volt meter
  • removed stock fender
  • removed stock muffler. Installed Delkevics. Not gonna lie, the sound was a major factor in wanting a VFR over some other bikes.
  • cleaned grease off wheels and swingarm area. There's still so much cleaning to do but I had to put it on the back burner in favor of a properly functioning bike.

There are loads of other maintenance tasks that I'll be getting through in the coming weeks.

I am still working on some electricals like fixing the grip heaters the PO messed up, the ground wire fix, and the R/R connector replacement.

Enough of all that, though. Pics!

ipjOLXx.jpg

HqNJ038.jpg

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD!

Looks like you'll be all set for a 4 Corners next :beer:

On 2/26/2018 at 4:26 AM, Dutchy said:

Welcome to VFRD!

Looks like you'll be all set for a 4 Corners next :beer:

Thanks! A four corners trip would be fun! Lots of good views out that way. The FZ6 pic I posted is in Junction, TX while I was on my way to the Guadalupe Mountains for some astro photography.

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum from the Land Of Low Weather Expectations. Be forewarned, this place can be addicting. You obviously have great taste in mc's. 

Archived