Winterised 2002 (UK)

Woodie

• Member Contributer

I have just finished "Winterising" my Commuter bike (2002 VTEC 800)

so far I have added.

• Higher Screen (Zero Gravity High/Touring screen
  • Handlebar Wind deflectors/hand protectors.
  • High Level Indicators in mirrors
  • Spot lights where Indicators used to be.

I do have some heated grips fitted but they don't work at the moment. Whoever fitted them originally didn't tidy the wiring so it got 'pinched'./ I just need to re-wire the connectors on shortened wires and they should be good to go. I'll see how I cope with the wind deflectors first. see if they make any difference. the little testing I have done so far they seem to but I won't be able to make a judgment until I have used them for a while.

Viffer Mods.jpg

• Member Contributer

Nice work m8.

Heated jacket connector? Essential for me when it's around zero!  :beer:

What tyres are those? I have Roadtec 1s on the 800X and they grip like a grippy thing in the wet/damp!

How's about LED headlamps? Very conspicuous.

• Member Contributer
7 minutes ago, Skids said:

Heated jacket connector? Essential for me when it's around zero!  :beer:

What tyres are those? I have Roadtec 1s on the 800X and they grip like a grippy thing in the wet/damp!

How's about LED headlamps? Very conspicuous.

I don't have a heated jacket, The old Akito Jacket managed quite well with a few layers underneath. Not yet tried the new one in anger. When I feel the onset of old age/Dementia I will look at investing in an OAP jacket like yours.

The tyres, They are Conti Road Attack 2's (I think!) gonna see if they can cope with the roads, I don't like them and would prefer PR4/5's so they are going on at next tyre change.

LED conversion would be next but the new spot's work a treat. nice white light from them.

IMG_20180211_144416.jpg

Archived