Handlebar Wind Deflectors

Stevewils

Mine seem to be a very useful addition too  :happy:

Yesterday was around 1C and today was torrential rain all the way in! Definitely warmer; the rain protection was great for the first 30-40 miles but nothing was stopping the rain running back down my arms as soon as I hit traffic!

Wind deflectors 1.jpg

Wind deflectors 2.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Yr pics aren't working Katie.

Powerbronze have just announced their Easter discounts, though not sure exactly how much discount you'll receive:

Easter isn't all about chocolate eggs and bunnies, here at Powerbronze we also give your bikes easter gifts.

From now until April 3rd, get a CRACKING deal on products for your bikes from Powerbronze.

Hurry over to www.powerbronze.co.uk to place your order now.

No promotion code is necessary to get the discount. Please simply fill out the how did you hear about us menu by selecting Other and putting the name of the facebook group/forum you are from in the text box which appears.

Customers in the Republic of Ireland and delivery regions served by our USA website can still use the IREFORUM1 and USAFORUM1 promotion codes.  All other promotion codes have been deactivated until the end of our Easter deals.

Happy Easter from all at Powerbronze.

All the best,
Richard

Hey VifferJ Great to hear that it works for you. Sure makes a difference in the cold.

Hey do you remember the throttlemeister part number that you ordered? I checked their website and there was none listed for the 8th gen. I sent them two emails and never got any response so I ordered the Kaoko instead. I would order the throttlemeister if I don't like the Kaoko.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, blackmax said:

Hey VifferJ Great to hear that it works for you. Sure makes a difference in the cold.

Hey do you remember the throttlemeister part number that you ordered? I checked their website and there was none listed for the 8th gen. I sent them two emails and never got any response so I ordered the Kaoko instead. I would order the throttlemeister if I don't like the Kaoko.

I bought them used off the forum, if I remember correctly a prior gen (6/7?) set works just fine on the gen8 and I agree mine work just as they should. If I find the box I'll post up the part #.

• Member Contributer

Try heated clothing ! I started using the Gerbing heated gloves & liner/jacket I won a few years back & its amazing, much better than any passive gear. Plus if you have more than one bike you just need the power connector of each additional bike !

Yr pics aren't working Katie.

Funnily enough this time I CAN see the pics.

Weird was what came to mind. Maybe clear would work better. Anyway tastes are like asshole, everyone has one. Don't mean to be one. Having ridden almost all winter here in Oxford I do empathize with you. My Tigress has heated grips and wind protectors, just a matter of stereotyping I guess, you expect a "trail" bike to have them. Ungainly looking as they are I surely would have lost my fingers to frostbite on bringing the bike from Hastings way back here in November without them.

I can imagine, now I've experienced UK riding, using a heated vest or jacket... and even pants ... but heated gloves sounds cumbersome. How does that wire up? Out the sleeve hems I guess.

4 minutes ago, Auspanglish said:

Funnily enough this time I CAN see the pics.

Weird was what came to mind. Maybe clear would work better. Anyway tastes are like asshole, everyone has one. Don't mean to be one. Having ridden almost all winter here in Oxford I do empathize with you. My Tigress has heated grips and wind protectors, just a matter of stereotyping I guess, you expect a "trail" bike to have them. Ungainly looking as they are I surely would have lost my fingers to frostbite on bringing the bike from Hastings way back here in November without them.

I can imagine, now I've experienced UK riding, using a heated vest or jacket... and even pants ... but heated gloves sounds cumbersome. How does that wire up? Out the sleeve hems I guess.

I went for rechargeable heated gloves. The Bering ones are great and last a good three hours on full blast :)

• Member Contributer
On 26 February 2018 at 12:53 AM, MaxSwell said:

It appears the have no option for fifth gens. Too Bad. Does anyone know different?

I don't know anywhere selling prefabricated ones but I've seen them made out of polycarbonate heated with a hair dryer and bent to shape using a card pattern

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, Mohawk said:

Try heated clothing ! I started using the Gerbing heated gloves & liner/jacket I won a few years back & its amazing, much better than any passive gear. Plus if you have more than one bike you just need the power connector of each additional bike !

Can't help but agree here.

I ride through the winter unless untreated ice stops me, about 45 mins up a 70mph highway and I'd freeze if it weren't for my heated Keis fleece. Toasty warm, whatever the temperature. There are optional inner or outer gloves that connect to the end of the sleeves and even heated socks but I haven't used those in ages because they are just too big for me to fit into my boots without a lot of pain. But so far I haven't needed either, the fleece (I also have a sleeveless heated gilet for days when it's cold but not freezing) has kept me more than warm enough.

I have 1 connector on my commuter VFR800X and 2 on my VFR1200F so Mrs Skids & I can both keep warm.

• Member Contributer

I use a Gerbing jacketliner and gloves with a remote control (the dials/buttons on the controller are located in an interior pocket in the jacket making it necessary to open suit and jacketliner. Remote makes it possible to carry a remote dual-controller, jacket and gloves seperately, in an outer pocket or tank bag). The jacket can get too hot in 30 F temps if not turned down.

I love them; they extend my riding season by weeks, at both ends of winter, depending on snow and ice.

My Aerostich Transit Suit is Gortex-bonded leather so it's totally waterproof. For heavy rain or long term wetness I wear Aerostich Triple Digit Rain covers. Nothing keeps hands dry better.

TripleDigit Rain Covers.JPG

I'm feeling decidedly neanderthal gear-wise.

Couldn't feel my feet on arrival to Oxford from picking up the bike near Hastings in November.

If I weren't heading imminently back to SE Spain I would invest in some heated gear. The heated grips that came on the bike made the 2.5 hour trip back just humanly possible.

Had enough of the cold. I reckon the cold is only good for making the ice for my drinks and slowing putrefaction. How did humans ever end up populating places like Greenland, and why do they call it Greenland? Surely it's Whiteland.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Auspanglish said:

I'm feeling decidedly neanderthal gear-wise.

Couldn't feel my feet on arrival to Oxford from picking up the bike near Hastings in November.

If I weren't heading imminently back to SE Spain I would invest in some heated gear. The heated grips that came on the bike made the 2.5 hour trip back just humanly possible.

Had enough of the cold. I reckon the cold is only good for making the ice for my drinks and slowing putrefaction. How did humans ever end up populating places like Greenland, and why do they call it Greenland? Surely it's Whiteland.

Up here in the Land Of Low Weather Expectations the cold helps us live longer,

and

it keeps the riff-raff out. :)

• 5 months later...
  • Member Contributer

I love this time of year, Fall is my favorite season in the PNW, good food, football, weather... Temps are starting to drop and the rain showers are moving back in, time to put on the wind protection,  Puig Tour windscreen n Powerbronze hand wind protectors. I got the hand wings the end of last winter so didn't really get a chance to test them, I ended up using some additional rubber washers and pieces of foam to keep them from touching the bodywork, feel solid now, they're actually prettty invisible depending on the angle as you see in the last pic.

http://www.powerbronzeusa.com/productdetails.aspx?OBJ_ID=28681747

IMG_6845_zpsooqi6ldh.jpg

IMG_6849_zpsyfleatge.jpg

IMG_6855_zpshzdsnvo1.jpg

IMG_6851_zpstsrfclrp.jpg

IMG_6857_zpsd6rbi3ya.jpg

IMG_6858_zpslkqig47j.jpg

IMG_6850_zpsowluyrmz.jpg

Archived