Handlebar Wind Deflectors

Stevewils

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I just sent Powerbronze a message regarding the dark tint and black colors, I'll let you know what they come back with. I'm fine with a solid cover instead of translucent, my hands don't need to see when I'm riding, solid black might have better look mounted?? :unsure:

1 hour ago, VifferJ said:

I just sent Powerbronze a message regarding the dark tint and black colors, I'll let you know what they come back with. I'm fine with a solid cover instead of translucent, my hands don't need to see when I'm riding, solid black might have better look mounted?? :unsure:

Hopefully they'll send you a colour chart and I can see the mysterious Frosted Sapphire Blue :cheerleader:

2 hours ago, VifferJ said:

I thought of the solid black as well for the same reason but ended up rolling the dice on the Light Tint.

• Member Contributer
18 hours ago, VifferJ said:

Here's the reply I got from Powerbronze...

The Black is a solid black which is not transparent at all.

I have attached a colour sample of a dark tint product for you to view as well.

thumbnail_Dark%20tint_zpsykoru1ub.jpg

• Member Contributer
4 minutes ago, VifferJ said:

I also asked them about the red color, they said "The Red is translucent, pic attached"

thumbnail_Red_zpsssbadb7r.jpg

Last time I had a red screen , it came with feathers. 

• Member Contributer
27 minutes ago, fink said:

Last time I had a red screen , it came with feathers. 

I'm not interested in the red windscreen, only the red hand wind deflectors, curious how it would match up with the red bodywork... :unsure:

And courtesy of Powerbronze, the Electric Blue (will match my Iridium Cool Blue screen)

5a95c20980c0c_ElectricBlue.thumb.jpg.d82d4351a65defd49716e8718ebeb7ab.jpg

and the Sapphire Blue:

5a95c23376699_SaphireBlue.thumb.jpg.947a4f79019323ce6c4eb9aa990cce44.jpg
Not sure if it's my phone but I can't see these images and can't even get on VFRD via this dumb phone's web browser...

8 minutes ago, Auspanglish said:

Not sure if it's my phone but I can't see these images and can't even get on VFRD via this dumb phone's web browser...

Might be your phone, I can see the pictures in your quote of my post!

• Member Contributer

I just ordered a set of the dark tint, shipping says one month, when they arrive I'll post up some pics.

Thanks for all the help guys, looking forward to trying these out. :beer:

And I ordered the electric blue.

Never did get round to getting those daft bar end weights out to trial the handguards. Tried a couple of times, broke a screwdriver, gave up! There was no way I was going to take the heated grips off (and risk breaking them) until it gets warmer...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Ordered a set of the clear and a set of the dark tint, going to try out the clear first along with the Puig tour windscreen I ordered. Your setup intrigued me, hope you dont mind if I copy... :beer:

Put some one sided foam stick tape on the underside of the hand wings to keep them off the red paint, with the dark tint it would hide that, haven't speed tested em yet, will report back how they work.

IMG_6315_zpshpcgadw0.jpg

IMG_6316_zpsiupiiiic.jpg

6 hours ago, VifferJ said:

Ordered a set of the clear and a set of the dark tint, going to try out the clear first along with the Puig tour windscreen I ordered. Your setup intrigued me, hope you dont mind if I copy... :beer:

Put some one sided foam stick tape on the underside of the hand wings to keep them off the red paint, with the dark tint it would hide that, haven't speed tested em yet, will report back how they work.

IMG_6315_zpshpcgadw0.jpg

IMG_6316_zpsiupiiiic.jpg

I hope you like it......... At first I didn't like the Puig tour windscreen. I had it on for a couple months and when I got the Powerbronze windscreen I put that on and took it out for a couple hours. That's when I decided I liked the Puig. My riding is mostly long distance and I find this setup works for me.....less fatigue in all weather.

Do you have a throttlemeister or did I forget what my bar ends look like. I haven't seen my bike since November.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, blackmax said:

I hope you like it......... At first I didn't like the Puig tour windscreen. I had it on for a couple months and when I got the Powerbronze windscreen I put that on and took it out for a couple hours. That's when I decided I liked the Puig. My riding is mostly long distance and I find this setup works for me.....less fatigue in all weather.

Do you have a throttlemeister or did I forget what my bar ends look like. I haven't seen my bike since November.

It's good to have multiple options, thanks again.

I just wish changing the Gen8 windscreens wasn't such a pain! :mad:

Yes, Throttlemeister

• Member Contributer

Rode to work today, wet and upper 30's temps, hand wings worked great and same with the Puig Tour windscreen, I think this will be my winter setup going forward! 

Thanks again for posting the pics!  :beer:

Archived