Black Lightning Motorcycle Cafe

• Member Contributer

Just heard today that BLMC is shutting down this week.

For those of us in NorCal and Oregon, or from other parts of the planet who have visited on two wheels or read of BLMC in some of the national mags (or City Bike...), this is a sad day. Jeff Hesseltine, the owner (and former AFM road racer, I believe) was (and is) a great guy.

I always planned my trips up to the great roads of Trinity and Humbolt with a stop in Eureka, where I could walk to his very cool place on 5th Street. Great food, beer, and always 6-12 bikes on the floor that you had to drool over. And he promoted flat track. And the Moto Envy every September, which I will definitely miss.

Anyway, sad to see this place go.

IMG_1234.JPG

IMG_0448.JPG

IMG_0452.JPG

• Member Contributer

Bummer, Mom and Pop places will soon be a thing of the past. I heard Revzilla just bought Cycle Gear, which pretty much makes them the Amazon of the motorcycle world...............

I just went by Road Rider in San Jose, and they are shutting down too - after 40 years.

Not as many people ride nowadays . 

Instead of them  promoting riding motorcycles for a better way of transportation  countrys like china and European country's.   then are making people be scared and not want to ride.  90% Of people think motorcycles are dangerous and that people on the road don't watch out for them.  

• Member Contributer

Sad to see any good place go, but Eureka is a bit off of the beaten path...  

Ciao,

• Member Contributer
On 2018-02-07 at 3:44 PM, St. Stephen said:

Just heard today that BLMC is shutting down this week.

For those of us in NorCal and Oregon, or from other parts of the planet who have visited on two wheels or read of BLMC in some of the national mags (or City Bike...), this is a sad day. Jeff Hesseltine, the owner (and former AFM road racer, I believe) was (and is) a great guy.

I always planned my trips up to the great roads of Trinity and Humbolt with a stop in Eureka, where I could walk to his very cool place on 5th Street. Great food, beer, and always 6-12 bikes on the floor that you had to drool over. And he promoted flat track. And the Moto Envy every September, which I will definitely miss.

Anyway, sad to see this place go.

36 minutes ago, JZH said:

Sad to see any good place go, but Eureka is a bit off of the beaten path...  

Ciao,

Damn! I hadn't know of BLMC till you post. It would have fit right into my annual trek to Laguna Seca this summer.

Eureka is a long ways from SoCal but coming from the north it is the cooler alternative to any of the inland routes. And, as St Stephen says, there are a ton of great roads nearby.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Aye, nothing lasts forever.......

1st pic, Aprilia Shiver....   Pal of mine bought one to commute on (30k+ km's p/a..)

As he approached the 100k mark, he wanted to take a picture....  only for the LCD display to get stuck on 99,999  :goofy:

Suppose the engineers never thought the engine would last that long eh?

• Member Contributer

That's to bad. Was only there once in 2012 when I took my daughter cross country. Didn't stay very long as my daughter was bored :) but seemed like a pretty cool place.

Archived