8th Gen Picture Thread

fink

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, VifferJ said:

Great pics Fink! :cool:

How are you liking the 45 liter Honda trunk, any issues or compliments?

No problems one or two turns on the preload, the odd thunk as crap inside moves around when you corner.  I'm used to flinging St and Bmws about.  love it loads of space heavier than the GIVI tho.

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, Grum said:

Very nice photos Fink. Looks fffffffriggin. Freeeeeeeeeeezing :unsure: Can just about make out Nessy on the Loch !

Cheers.

Cheers,   Bottom pic, it was about -4C

Top was Loch Clunaie  on way out to Skye.

Middle was Eilean Donnan castle  at the mouth of 3 lochs. Loch Long, Loch Duich and Loch Alsh they are sea lochs so sadly no NESSIE.   Highlander (if you can remember it)along with several other films were filmed there.

• Member Contributer
17 hours ago, fink said:

No problems one or two turns on the preload, the odd thunk as crap inside moves around when you corner.  I'm used to flinging St and Bmws about.  love it loads of space heavier than the GIVI tho.

Great, thx!

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

The old station Tintern, next to the Wye

image.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Great weekend up in the mountains. First shot is during the ride up, just had to stop and capture the sunset and VFR. The rest are putting her through the paces on my favorite stretch of road. Most laps done with my son and then I dropped him to take a few pics of me carving corners. Enjoy!

082E25A8-AFAB-439C-A8FE-B981F0C30D2A.jpeg

0D1AB6BE-4D6A-40B4-AF45-D1853E7451A3.jpeg

8C69FD7C-2F3D-4A2C-984F-FD316897B75C.jpeg

ECB5EB03-9E5C-4CCE-928D-F250DC102CFB.jpeg

800F2079-22CD-4000-8601-CC086BD67197.jpeg

1D89A07C-E66F-49CB-8902-0E51894FA988.jpeg

0AA5FB91-751B-40DF-9AC6-EB46B4C02809.jpeg

VFR 10.JPG

Nice pictures.  That's a hell of a lot of lean angle.  I ride the same bike at a similar pace on the road.  You could probably reduce lean angle and be a tad safer if you worked on body position.  Little crossed up there, Doohan style.  On the road it's nice to have more in reserve.  Just friendly advice.

14 hours ago, SlfAwre said:

Nice pictures.  That's a hell of a lot of lean angle.  I ride the same bike at a similar pace on the road.  You could probably reduce lean angle and be a tad safer if you worked on body position.  Little crossed up there, Doohan style.  On the road it's nice to have more in reserve.  Just friendly advice.

Appreciate it, pictures shot by 13 year old son. I was going for lean angle on that last shot. Usually do get the bum a bit further off the seat and head lower than the windscreen, no elbows touching though ;^)

• Member Contributer

Taken this past week at SumSum4, while out riding the Needles Highway in South Dakota.  Sort of surprised at how few 8th gens show up at these events.  I've only been to this one and T-Mac 2016, and each time I rode the only 8th gen.

20180712_105252.jpg

Archived