Jump to content
VFRUNNER

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY TO YOUR VFR 6TH GEN ?

Recommended Posts

Working on the headlights. This has been longggg overdue. I've been spending a lot of time with the R6, haha. VFR is now getting some love again.

 

VFR.thumb.JPG.a9db689e49a36bef90402b3bb18ceabe.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nic3 job  looks great   . Send picture when it's done .  Here's a picture of what soon will be the look of your bike   

20170906_175718.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Replaced the front cam tensioner and opened up the 0.5mm hole in the new gasket to 2.5mm hoping this keeps things quiet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to share, Runners note on the source for the oem hugger was aces.  The best price and shipped extremely quick for the default price.  Just from looking at the hugger, it will last the life of the bike.  My aftermarket did not, so recommending for others.  Thanks to Runner for being the pioneer and source for this. 

 

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-03-22 at 10:55 PM, dgordon said:

Have to share, Runners note on the source for the oem hugger was aces.  The best price and shipped extremely quick for the default price.  Just from looking at the hugger, it will last the life of the bike.  My aftermarket did not, so recommending for others.  Thanks to Runner for being the pioneer and source for this. 

 

Dave

Thanks  Dave  glad to help you out  and others 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a sneak peek of my bike with the tail swap of a 2014 cbr1000rr tail on my 6th gen . I'm just about done . 

20180326_130856.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-03-22 at 10:55 PM, dgordon said:

Have to share, Runners note on the source for the oem hugger was aces.  The best price and shipped extremely quick for the default price.  Just from looking at the hugger, it will last the life of the bike.  My aftermarket did not, so recommending for others.  Thanks to Runner for being the pioneer and source for this. 

 

Dave

Clutch cover is complete .  Just waiting on pro bolt to come through the shipping to Canada from UK seems to be taking long . Can't put the cover on until I get the new bolts .  .  But here is the the complete cover off the bike with light on .  

20180327_082129.jpg

20180327_082155.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that SEBs clutch cover with a light or is that something you added?  It looks nice....:beer:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, alwaysaware said:

Is that SEBs clutch cover with a light or is that something you added?  It looks nice....:beer:

It is certainly, sebs fabulous  workmanship.   The light I added. My personal touch 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just replaced my rear shock with an Ohlins STX46 HO 043 on 50k mls 2005 abs model.

Bugger of a job trying to get the remote adjuster out. But its in now got a few bits still to go on due to failing light and the odd spring shower!!

I have set of F4I Fork internals on their way from ebay, cant make my mind up whether to respring and put emulators in before fitting. I do road/commute so looking for a ride erring on plushness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice. I'm sure it going to make a great difference . Where did u get the shock ?  Good price? 

6 hours ago, manoil said:

Just replaced my rear shock with an Ohlins STX46 HO 043 on 50k mls 2005 abs model.

Bugger of a job trying to get the remote adjuster out. But its in now got a few bits still to go on due to failing light and the odd spring shower!!

I have set of F4I Fork internals on their way from ebay, cant make my mind up whether to respring and put emulators in before fitting. I do road/commute so looking for a ride erring on 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got it through ebay UK from an italian company Genial Motor in Rimini, Check out their site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got some OEM short velocity stacks ($30au for 2) and replaced the long ones... for s&gs

And took the piece of foam out that is at the front of airbox....I thought I'd already done that.

Seems to have smoothed out slow speed low % throttle and also deeper intake noise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2018 at 8:24 AM, VFRUNNER said:

Clutch cover is complete .  Just waiting on pro bolt to come through the shipping to Canada from UK seems to be taking long . Can't put the cover on until I get the new bolts .  .  But here is the the complete cover off the bike with light on .  

20180327_082129.jpg

20180327_082155.jpg

What set up did you use for the lights?  I just received one of Seb's custom clutch covers and the lighting looks REALLY cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Courtier said:

What set up did you use for the lights?  I just received one of Seb's custom clutch covers and the lighting looks REALLY cool.

Hey, I used a waterproof led strip . And cut it to the size I needed it, witch was 8 inches.    The led has double sided tape on the back I then stuck it to the cover . I purchased some heat and chemical resistant epoxy and cover the whole light to protect it even further.   The reason I mounted the way I did was because it gave they best lighting . I tried different positions but the one I have pictured worked best. .   I was going to go with single led but when I laid it out it was to messy. 

Hope this helps . 

20180327_082959.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The light is also nice bc It allows you to see the oil level at night . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just the usual on mine.  Removed snorkel.  PAIR valve delete.  Flapper delete.  Removed rear fender, raised license plate higher.  Blacked out the OEM windscreen.  Added tank knee pads and belt guard.  Sargent seat.  Rear luggage rack.  Plasti-dipped the wheels (anthracite).  Staintunes.  Cortech tank bag.  Might add a Power Commander, but it's running so well I might leave it as is.  Nothing over the top, just enough to make it my own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took my forks off and apart. Putting new seals,  bushings and oil. Bush mechanic style of keeping the bike upright while front wheel is off.

20180424_122840.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2018 at 2:23 AM, Trygve said:

Took my forks off and apart. Putting new seals,  bushings and oil. Bush mechanic style of keeping the bike upright while front wheel is off.

20180424_122840.jpg

Now's the time to throw in some internals from Daugherty Motorsports!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I whipped out a set of exhaust guards for my soft bags. Something easily put on and taken off. Still need to paint them.... or make another set where the welds aren't so embarrassing!

 

Started with flat stock and some small tubing. Using map gas, hammer, vice, cutting wheel and a sharpie, I was surprised on how well they came out for the first try. First bent the tabs that go on the Givi mounting bolt towards the front. Then bent the tubing to follow the lines of the exhaust. Bent the upper/rear tab to "lock" into the Givi mount, keeping the entire piece from rocking inward. the one forward nut is all that is needed to remove/replace to take the guard on and off.

IMG_20180422_160148.jpg

IMG_20180422_160318.jpg

IMG_20180422_160947.jpg

IMG_20180422_161119.jpg

IMG_20180422_162333.jpg

IMG_20180422_162359.jpg

IMG_20180422_162351.jpg

IMG_20180422_160214.jpg

IMG_20180422_192502.jpg

IMG_20180423_184018.jpg

IMG_20180423_184011.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried out the new homemade exhaust guards for the soft bags. They work well. Looks like I didn't take any pics after painting them black, but they look pretty sanitary in black. Here they are with the bags on. You can kinda see them, the left one anyway.

IMG_20180429_153006.jpg

IMG_20180429_153526.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21 April 2018 at 2:14 AM, VFRUNNER said:

Hey, I used a waterproof led strip . And cut it to the size I needed it, witch was 8 inches.    The led has double sided tape on the back I then stuck it to the cover . I purchased some heat and chemical resistant epoxy and cover the whole light to protect it even further.   The reason I mounted the way I did was because it gave they best lighting . I tried different positions but the one I have pictured worked best. .   I was going to go with single led but when I laid it out it was to messy. 

Hope this helps . 

20180327_082959.jpg

Hi Vfrunner.

Thats a fantastic Seb clutch cover. But, man, I would be very concerned about your internal lighting, if that stuff gives way inside your engine, who knows what damage it will cause.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.