WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY TO YOUR VFR 6TH GEN ?

VFRUNNER

On 1/22/2020 at 3:53 PM, simo5555 said:

So yeah. Painted the seat cover, installed a new tire and did the shindengen upgrade. Also installed the gear indicator. Fork seals and oil change is next. Then the front wheel bearings and paint and im ready to ride!

So finally was able to put her together, cleaned her up and took her for a spin today. Spring is just around the corner. 
20200310_121128.thumb.jpg.ecc4ec3402902999c856b1365c8538ec.jpg
20200310_121153.thumb.jpg.141ecd9065343e6222e8fe171782800a.jpg

20200310_121121.jpg

20200310_121146.jpg

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally got to change out the rear tire.. previous owner scalloped the crap out of both PR4 GTs running them at 24psi

OMG what a difference! Even with just changing the rear.. I forgot how good new tires feel!!

Ran out of time to get the front changed today... Maybe tomorrow

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Nice to see activity in the 6th Gen thread, I suspect I’ll have some free time in the garage soon with all the pandemic issues. Maybe I’ll get some maintenance completed!

Nice to see activity in the 6th Gen thread, I suspect I’ll have some free time in the garage soon with all the pandemic issues. Maybe I’ll get some maintenance completed!
I didn't have to even wait to have the tire changed.

The counter clerk said I was the second person there that day!

Front wheel getting fresh rubber installed.

I got spoiled with the rear wheel removal.. the front is a little more time consuming but still not bad.

Next time I will raise my headlift one hole so I don't have to loosen the fender to get the wheel out.

Also, what kind of drag should I expect with the rear wheel while spinning on the centerstand? I can hear the brake rubbing slightly..

• 3 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Turned 90k miles on the dial today.  No valve checks, on my 4th stator, 3 sets of CCT, original RR. This machine starts within 1 or 2 revolution, runs smooth, pulls hard and strong. Of the 90k miles, 85k are mine. Bought it in '08 and loved every mile I put on it. Looking forward to hit the 100k mark in a couple of years or so. Enjoy your VFR everyone, it a great dependable bike.

20200710_121234.jpg

• Member Contributer

Took the big plastic licence plate/mudguard thing off and installed the OE metal bracket and found some plastic plugs to fill in 2 holes in the undertail.

Archived