2018 PRE-Ride to the Spring Memorial Ride

VFRpwr

Looks like we will not be able to hook up for the pre ride.  We will be riding in the area just can't get the days/directions to work out.  Based on this conversation I am probably to old anyway.

We should be in the Franklin area by Wednesday. 

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, zeer0 said:

In that case I’ll be by tomorrow to pick up your sweet new trailer set up. Don’t want you to feel like an old fart.😜

If I trailer all the way from NC, it will be because of multiple bike disorder, not because of comfort.  Duh!  I now have Pit Bull TRS pins for all 4 bikes lol.  This single life is turning out better than expected.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Just curious.....I thought I had read that Hwy. 209 was torn up and in bad condition but could be wrong on that.  Has it been repaved?  That is a very nice long twisty road if one can stand that much of it.  27 miles to Boiling Springs if I remember the road number correctly with very little if any straight line riding.  My kind of road.    

Hi Bent,

Just spent some time on the ncdot.gov website and couldn't find mention of any construction - have you heard anything more?

Be a shame to have to miss out on the site of Rick's Sweet Jump. 

11 hours ago, VFRpwr said:

Hi Bent,

Just spent some time on the ncdot.gov website and couldn't find mention of any construction - have you heard anything more?

I think Rick's BettleBags just let out a sigh! :goofy:

7 hours ago, Sweeper said:

I think Rick's BettleBags just let out a sigh! :goofy:

LOL, Yes, they would have but there is (was) so much tape on them that it was muffled.  At least he was a gentleman and used clear tape - so you had to look real close to see it.

- Repair efforts will be judged in the parking lot over 'evening beers' Sunday night on the amount of hot melt, 2 part epoxy, JB Weld, coat hanger, fibreglass, and/or fresh cello tape  he uses to repair the effects of being Hot Spring's own"RDMcKneivel"

• Member Contributer
On 3/25/2018 at 9:39 PM, VFRpwr said:

Hi Bent,

No, haven't heard anything just something in the back of my head tells me I read someplace where the condition of that road had really deteriorated.  If true, that's a bad place to be on a bad road.  If not, it's a long fun twisty-fest....like 27 miles of pure turns.  

• 3 weeks later...

Little Switzerland doesn’t open until the 20th. If you leave your name and number they will call you. Booked my room today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived